Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten (Cafe) Hag's at the wheel

Utd seem to be reverting to the same strategy which is buy older established stars for big wages and transfer money

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Casemiro & Eriksen in midfield for them now. They signed Varranes last year and he's been revelation.....
    Eriksen should have showed loyalty to Brentford! He can be never class himself as a fully fit person let alone a footballer. Brentford were managing him.

£350k per week for Casimero
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    £350k per week for Casimero
    Is that more than Mo is being paid?

Casimero has always looked ordinary to me. But then some people think Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago are ordinary so what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Casimero has always looked ordinary to me. But then some people think Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago are ordinary so what do I know
    I don't know, I don't watch enough football.
    I think they are just happy to sign someone.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Casemiro had the luxury to play behind Kroos and Modric. Any DM would look good behind those two! Let's see how he does with the pace of EPL, especially when De Bruyne and Bernardo are doing one two and he's behind McTominay and Fred! £350k a week is HUGE.

Approximately the same - Salah was on approx £200k-£220k and is up to approx £350k-per-week - though we have heavily incentivised contracts so he will make more than that due to goal-scoring etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Approximately the same - Salah was on approx £200k-£220k and is up to approx £350k-per-week - though we have heavily incentivised contracts so he will make more than that due to goal-scoring etc.
    What is likely length of contract Sid?
    And he must surely hope for better midfielders coming in! And striker too perhaps !

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What is likely length of contract Sid?
    And he must surely hope for better midfielders coming in! And striker too perhaps !
    Not sure if you meant Salah's or Casemiro's so will address both.

Salah's is a 3-year deal, so 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 - he'll earn £54,600,000 in that time at least - with incentives. What those incentives are isn't publicly available that I'm aware of, but you would imagine goals+assist targets and possibly appearance targets. I do know that our players got bonuses as a result of reaching Cup Finals - don't think we necessarily have to win the Competitions to get the bonuses.

Casemiro's contract will no doubt be reported differently from various sources for the next few weeks. What it appears to be is either a 4-year deal or a 3-year deal with option of a 4th. At the same amount we're talking about that £54,600,000 again (if it's 3 years) plus money to an agent most likely PLUS the transfer fee of £50m or whatever it is - so they have committed over £100m on one player there when they (probably) don't get his peak years.

On a more subjective note, if I were a Man United fan, I would question buying someone who has won the Champion's League five times already plus League titles. I would wonder if the *insert Roy Keane accent* the like of the "hunger and desire" were still there. He won't have Champion's League football this season and I imagine won't have it next season either - I could be wrong and he maybe has a Michael Jordanesque competitive temperament but for me if you're a top competitor right now you don't go to Man United (for reasons other than money) unless you picture yourself as being the central figure to drag them out of the mire - and that's a rare breed.

Not sure if you meant Salah's or Casemiro's so will address both.

Salah's is a 3-year deal, so 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 - he'll earn £54,600,000 in that time at least - with incentives. What those incentives are isn't publicly available that I'm aware of, but you would imagine goals+assist targets and possibly appearance targets. I do know that our players got bonuses as a result of reaching Cup Finals - don't think we necessarily have to win the Competitions to get the bonuses.

Casemiro's contract will no doubt be reported differently from various sources for the next few weeks. What it appears to be is either a 4-year deal or a 3-year deal with option of a 4th. At the same amount we're talking about that £54,600,000 again (if it's 3 years) plus money to an agent most likely PLUS the transfer fee of £50m or whatever it is - so they have committed over £100m on one player there when they (probably) don't get his peak years.

On a more subjective note, if I were a Man United fan, I would question buying someone who has won the Champion's League five times already plus League titles. I would wonder if the *insert Roy Keane accent* the like of the "hunger and desire" were still there. He won't have Champion's League football this season and I imagine won't have it next season either - I could be wrong and he maybe has a Michael Jordanesque competitive temperament but for me if you're a top competitor right now you don't go to Man United (for reasons other than money) unless you picture yourself as being the central figure to drag them out of the mire - and that's a rare breed.
    Not to belittle his upbringing, but his mummy approves! Always something to be aware of with latinos! Outrageous; yes! but always slightly envious of that solid family background!