Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten (Cafe) Hag's at the wheel

Getting rid of a Maguire is the litmus test. Does the new manager have the balls to do it or will he be convinced that he has potential, just needs coaching, he brings leadership as captain, he was a big investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Getting rid of a Maguire is the litmus test. Does the new manager have the balls to do it or will he be convinced that he has potential, just needs coaching, he brings leadership as captain, he was a big investment.
    Who on Earth would buy him?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Who on Earth would buy him?
    Everton might

Trying to think who will be leaving - they'll find a lot with wages coming off the books anyway, which is good for them if they recruit well - but to say that's a massive "if" is an understatement and (money aside) they're not the most attractive prospect for a player wanting to join - 5 years now without a trophy already.

Pogba, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Jones will all be going by the look of it? Then you'd think Cavani and Bailly won't be far behind them in terms of not seeing a future there. That Greenwood fella likely doesn't have a career anymore (rightly so if the girl's recordings are anything to go by) and then Martial will likely want away if he can get the opportunity.

Wan-Bissaka I think I saw being linked with a nice away for £15m or so, so they're potentially willing to sell having realised his shortcomings.

Rashford looking like a shadow of the potential he showed (they over-hyped him certainly, but he was a reliable finished for a good spell, just hasn't pushed on) and then you look at lads like Shaw and Maguire - wouldn't want to build a possession-based style of play with Maguire as your centre-back certainly.

There's a lot to fix. Getting a lot of wages off the bill is the first step and that list of 5 players at the start will certainly be over £1,000,000 per week off the bill (crikey!) but their recruitment is generally not their strength these days.

34 points they finished behind us. 9-0 on aggregate in the two League games. If they want to finish 4th (assuming the top three remains the same, though Chelsea aren't guaranteed) they have to be better than Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham and Newcastle, none of whom will aim to "stand still" - their best bet of Champion's League football might be to win the Europa again if they get a fortuitous run.
    You forgot De Gea Sid, how do you play a possession based game with De Gea as keeper? He doesn't have the ability to play out
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Looking at those Roma celebrations after winning the Europa Conference Cup, you really imagine that being the filthy and Cafe Hag a few years in

Tug Hard aint gonna do shit.

Any guy that takes on a rebuild job with THAT dressing room? ; isn’t very intelligent in my eyes and makes rash decisions.

not to mention his capitulation TWICE from winning positions in the european cup; lacks big moment temperament.

i hear he wants to keep cristiano now too…; lacks leadership.

it’s the utd boom and bust cycle they used to crow about with us. how the “mighty” have fallen.

Liverpool, City and Chelsea have all comprehensively beaten teams who try and play possession in the style Ten Hag intends to attempt to, in the Premier League (the filthy, Leicester and Arsenal) and the very best of the rest of Europe who play that way, over the last 3 or more seasons

I have no idea why Cafe Hag thinks his way of playing at Ajax will be successful, we beat his AJax side home and away last season despite all our injury issues

Hahahaha yes Taksin I can see that. Harry Maguire, the gift that keeps on giving..

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You forgot De Gea Sid, how do you play a possession based game with De Gea as keeper? He doesn't have the ability to play out
    True, but his shot-stopping stats are very high - he is probably worth 10-15 points a season for them at the minute and although the other areas of his game keep them in the dark ages, they need him.

Catch 22.

True, but his shot-stopping stats are very high - he is probably worth 10-15 points a season for them at the minute and although the other areas of his game keep them in the dark ages, they need him.

Catch 22.
    Absolutely. He's the only player I would keep if I was going as Manager. They would easily be in the bottom half without him.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side