Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten (Cafe) Hag's at the wheel

Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano

Official. Ralf Rangnick announces that he will not be staying on at Manchester United as a consultant, he leaves the club immediately. #MUFC

"With an £89M transfer fee, wages and agent fees, Manchester United have paid out the equivalent of £800,000 for each of Pogba’s 226 appearances with the club"

How not to do football transfers, in a nutshell.

As long As Ronaldo still here, this coach won't be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    As long As Ronaldo still here, this coach won't be any good.
    I think they will improve.

But not to the extent they want and not at the speed they want, relative to what else is going on in the League.

If Chelsea show they can still spend (looks that way) then they're a more attractive prospect. Man City win a lot and pay big wages, so they're a more attractive prospect, irrespective of how we feel about them. We are a more attractive prospect to all but those who want a massive payday. Then you'd look at Tottenham and say that if they add / remain in the Champion's League again, they're a more attractive prospect as well.

It's a big job there. It can be done (Klopp inherited a tricky situation with us) but they'll need to get so much right - coaching, recruitment, more sensible contracts - all at a time when 4 clubs are better positioned than them and Newcastle are about to rise up.

Yep and I feel that the Barcodes will rise further and faster than City. They are destined to become the dominant force.

A uniquely one club city (and that city like Liverpool is totally football mad and brimming with passion) with the wealthiest of owners. Disgusting that this sceptic little Isle allowed such a sham to take place. Newcastle are effectively the Saudi flag carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think they will improve.

But not to the extent they want and not at the speed they want, relative to what else is going on in the League.

If Chelsea show they can still spend (looks that way) then they're a more attractive prospect. Man City win a lot and pay big wages, so they're a more attractive prospect, irrespective of how we feel about them. We are a more attractive prospect to all but those who want a massive payday. Then you'd look at Tottenham and say that if they add / remain in the Champion's League again, they're a more attractive prospect as well.

It's a big job there. It can be done (Klopp inherited a tricky situation with us) but they'll need to get so much right - coaching, recruitment, more sensible contracts - all at a time when 4 clubs are better positioned than them and Newcastle are about to rise up.
    Yes they will improve for sure after some dead wood have been cleared but once United still think Ronaldo is the best player in the world let his ego keep growing, I don't see any they can challenge us any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Yes they will improve for sure after some dead wood have been cleared but once United still think Ronaldo is the best player in the world let his ego keep growing, I don't see any they can challenge us any sooner.
    I think (including Cafe Hag himself) anyone with any notion that from where they are, with the squad they have, that Cafe Hag can somehow magically overtake Jurgen with our squad, Guardiola with his squad, Tuchel with his squad or Conte with his squad needs help, 4 better managers than him, with experience of winning bigger league and/or the Champions League, with squads, that although in some case aren't ideal, are somewhere approaching a squad they would want to start the season with for how they like to play

I look at Spurs and how much they improved under Conte and that they will be better this year and be a tougher proposition and just can't see Cafe Hag even challenging them for their 4th position
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I look at Spurs and how much they improved under Conte and that they will be better this year and be a tougher proposition and just can't see Cafe Hag even challenging them for their 4th position
    Agree with this and fingers crossed it pans out this way.

If we see 2 more seasons on the spin of us challenging for the League (finishing Top Four by default) and Man United lacking Champion's League football, with our stadium increasing in size as well, we'd be all the stronger and they'd be all the less desirable outfit to join.

That would be great for us, in the mid-long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think (including Cafe Hag himself) anyone with any notion that from where they are, with the squad they have, that Cafe Hag can somehow magically overtake Jurgen with our squad, Guardiola with his squad, Tuchel with his squad or Conte with his squad needs help, 4 better managers than him, with experience of winning bigger league and/or the Champions League, with squads, that although in some case aren't ideal, are somewhere approaching a squad they would want to start the season with for how they like to play

But don't forget Cafe Hag's secret weapon is BrollyMan!

There was an old coffee product called Camp Coffee The label depicted an Indian serving a British officer as I remember it. Don't know if it is still around.
    But I know picture that label as BrollyMan serving cafe hag to Ten Hag by the dugout as he is seated watching man U losing on a cold rainy day in late autumn whilst sheltering him from the rain with his brolly!