Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten (Cafe) Hag's at the wheel

Bring back mane

FFS
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

FT 4-0

Well, that was rubbish, I know it's all about minutes, but when you're playing what's supposed to be a showcase to a fanbase that have waited years to see your team live, you'd think you'd make more of an attempt to make a game of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    FT 4-0

Well, that was rubbish, I know it's all about minutes, but when you're playing what's supposed to be a showcase to a fanbase that have waited years to see your team live, you'd think you'd make more of an attempt to make a game of it
    I thought you were going to give this season a miss.

First pre season game always brings out the most hilarious of (over)reactions from fans... Every season, with fail.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

According to their fans, they're now nailed on for the Quadruple* this season.

You heard it here first.

(*Quadruple Lite with zero calories

....with Europa Conference League title or whatever mickey mouse cup is called.)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Oi, try using one of the match threads..
    Rather suspect people are keen to avoid using them - the clickbait/bot ones.

I certainly try not to. I'm boycotting them essentially unless someone raises an interesting point as they push other folk's threads way down the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    4-0....The media will go wild with this...United for the league!!...
    The media crowing about them is great if it happens - I want us to quietly go about our business.

People reading a lot into pre-season is daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The media crowing about them is great if it happens - I want us to quietly go about our business.

People reading a lot into pre-season is daft.
    After last season, manu fans will be delighted with the result.
    It doesn't mean much at all in reality with 32 of our players playing but its a bit of momentum and positivity for them.

Didn't see it but it sounded like our best football was early doors hitting the post a fair few times, Morton apparently looking good again

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    First game of pre-season so very early, but 4231 looks a non starter, Nunez looks like he will needs the support of Diaz and Salah in a 3, Fabinho and Thiago will be a disaster as a 2

Nunez misses a sitter that cmae back to him off the post with their keeper stranded, when I say misses a sitter, I mean send it into orbit
    Who was playing 9, 10, left & right today in the various setups ?

I was only able to listen in parts but it sounded like we started off the game playing 433 with Diaz left, Bobby top and Elliot right ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Morton apparently looking good again
    That is really, really encouraging.

I know he is nowhere near "ready" just yet (a loan would be wonderful) but if we managed to get a young midfield signing next Summer (we all want it to be Bellingham so will use him for example's sake) and we saw Ox depart, we could potentially(!?) have Bellingham, Elliott, Jones, Morton all in the midfield. Could think of it as Morton taking Ox's place in the pecking order (ie not a load of minutes, but still able to chip in here and there) and Bellingham potentially taking Milner's minutes (and more!) to really freshen up that area of the pitch age-wise.