Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMA Manager of the Year

LMA Manager of the Year

Well deserved Jurgen, LMA Manager of the Year and Premier League Manager of the Year.

What a guy, what a manager. Wouldn’t have any other manager for the rest of my time on this planet if it were up to me. Keeping the sports washers from ruining the Premier League as a competition

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Well deserved Jurgen, LMA Manager of the Year and Premier League Manager of the Year.

What a guy, what a manager. Wouldn’t have any other manager for the rest of my time on this planet if it were up to me. Keeping the sports washers from ruining the Premier League as a competition
    A truly remarkable man.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I watched his first presser again the other day. We all know the soundbites "Normal one", "Doubters to believers" etc

But with hindsight of where he has taken us, there were some incredible insights and a deep understanding of the club and fans that he had - even then.

Easy to say now but I had every confidence in him from that first presser on.

I think many did. Almost felt a bit like the last chance saloon for us. If Klopp couldn't, then who could? The only way would have been to hope for oil money. This is so much better. So much more us.

Congratulations Jurgen, there really wasn't any possible other choice, Jurgen is simply a far better manager than any single other of them, in this league or any other and an absolutely incredible person

I knew, or rather my head knew, my head knows things, a lot of things, I can some stick for it, but no-one's successfully proven it wrong in my 51 years to date.

I think everyone else who knew, realised it would take time and several windows to gradually get the players in Jurgen needed, I remember 2 seasons in someone here posting a thread titled "How long has he got", unbelievable, I can't remember who that was, I have an 'idea' that is was maybe scientificred, while my head knows a lot of stuff, their attempts to medicate me buggered my memory somewhat

And the best news, we have AT LEAST another 4 years and I'm expecting Jurgen to extend beyond that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Same here mate. You could tell from day one that he just “got us”. We were right for him, and he was definitely right for us. Really hard to imagine a better fit.

Well deserved reward. Surprised, and relieved that it didn’t go to Pep.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

He is in a league of his own, a total one off, and he is ours.

Congratulations Jurgen.

Top man and well deserved.
    I doubt he's arsed about these personal accolades though as are most of our players ( Samah being the exception). They mean little without success and that hopefully is capped off with a nice 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He is in a league of his own, a total one off, and he is ours.

Congratulations Jurgen.
    Well said 👍