Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premier League team of the season

Premier League team of the season

Honest assessment

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Cancelo

De Bruyne Rodri Silva

Salah Kane Son

Although I think Hendo's better with the ball at No6, he hasn't been played there often enough and Rodri's got age on his side, he's stronger and quicker and more athletic and also more of an out and out DM, as much as it pains me to say it, he's miles better than Fab is, has been or ever will be, I think you really need that box to box ability and athleticism in the No6 role in the 433 more than ever, that's why I was so very keen on Tchouameni
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So the PFA team

Alisson

Trent Rudiger Van Dijk Cancelo

De Bruyne Thiago B.Silva

Salah Ronaldo Mane

Bit of a jokeshop team, Thiago wasn't even integral to us except for being a third senior midfielder fit to start when he was fit, Rodri was just miles better, so much better, reminded me of Hendo in 19-20 this season sadly, Thiago shouldn't be anywhere near that team

Rudiger, I'd still go Matip, he was arguably our best CB ahead on Virgil in the league because they targeted his side a lot more and he had a lot more defending to do, but, Rudiger was pretty damned fucking good until he was leaving so not going to moan too much about that one

Love Mane, he was always my favourite forward above Mo and still is even though he wants a move, it feels like the right time for us and Mane and he's been absolutely brilliant, but nothing lasts forever and with Mo off next summer we HAVE to start the rebuild of the front 4 or 5, but there's no fucking way on this earther Mane gets in that team at LFWD ahead of Son, no fucking way, Son was Miles better

No way Ronaldo gets in that team ahead of Kane either

Ronaldo, Mane, Thiago and to an extent Virgil ahead of Matip are in that team on history and reputation rather than what they actually produced, same always happens with the PFA team of the year

Alisson

De Bruyne Rodri B.Silva

Salah Kane Son

if fernandes kept that run he was on for utd and his form didn't skydive he'd of made it in the team I hope he never plays like that for them again.

VVD is only in that team over Matip on name and reputation alone, while Matip probably did better last season

I'd of put Gundogan over Thiago too, as I feel he had the better season.

Kane & Son got them into top 4, I'd say son even had the better season, but kane has done very good in his new role.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Alisson

De Bruyne Rodri B.Silva

Salah Kane Son

if fernandes kept that run he was on for utd and his form didn't skydive he'd of made it in the team I hope he never plays like that for them again.

VVD is only in that team over Matip on name and reputation alone, while Matip probably did better last season

I'd of put Gundogan over Thiago too, as I feel he had the better season.

Kane & Son got them into top 4, I'd say son even had the better season, but kane has done very good in his new role.
    You and I picked exactly the same team Kev, my OP was a couple of weeks back

Thiago in there is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Less of the 'in there' You can only think Steveo hacked them and he picked the team

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I feel like a lot of it is based on name and reputation and past.

same with most player rewards too.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Less of the 'in there' You can only think Steveo hacked them and he picked the team
    I never done nuffink honest guv.

But seriously to those who don’t see it. It’s all subjective, but you could think of it this way… how close did we get to a quadruple in these last 25 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I never done nuffink honest guv.

But seriously to those who don’t see it. It’s all subjective, but you could think of it this way… how close did we get to a quadruple in these last 25 years?
    Mostly down to the draws in the cups and having enough quality in our depth to get through those games, it isn't to do with Thiago, had we not signed him and still had Gini here, would have pulled it off imo, Thiago has yet to effectively make the play for us, I actually really wish he'd stop trying to, he makes us less effective not more effective, and let Trent, Virgil and Hendo do their bit at making the play that is always more effective and maybe just concentrate his attentions on releasing Robbo and Diaz on his side with the relatively simply balls like Gini used to

Him being anywhere near the PFA team let alone in it is amusingly symptomatic of your view of Thiago playing for us, you say he's doing things he regularly did plenty of for Barca and Bayern based on reputation, but he just hasn't done it yet for us at all, maybe trying him more central at No6 with a LCM and RCM controller is worth a shot in some games to see how it pans out, a lot of the passes he tries really aren't there to be effective from LCM

Perhaps we might have got as close with Gini instead, but we never did, so it’s a bit of guesswork.

His fitness record and luck with injuries have not been the best at all, but 3 times this season Klopp said “we have to keep him fit”.

Klopp clearly rates him much higher than you or Miller, and I agree, so do the PFA. It’s all personal opinion at the end of the day though, there are no absolute right or wrong views here, it’s totally subjective.