Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Now the season is over!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    What you are trying to say that in crucial must win, winner takes all games, we don't score goals. But 3 in Fa Cup semi final against city, 4 nil against Barca, why are they different than the need to score in a final?
    No - that is what you are saying I am saying.

I am saying 7 finals and 4 goals from open play.

A cup final is different. Opposition has come a long way too. They defend with more focus - they are harder games to score goals in

And winner does not take all in a semi final or a quarter final last time I checked..

We were talking about cup finals and now you are sidestepping into totally different scenarios.

Come on

It is down to being clinical rather than some psychological aspect. Against Sevilla in Europa we should have been out of sight at HT. We had chances against Chelsea in both finals this year and they also didn't score despite good chances.
    Chances last week too.
    The first Madrid final finishes 1-1 in normal time had we a good goalkeeper.
    For all how good our attackers are they are wide men made into forwards ( who do tend to miss their fair share of chances) rather than being an out and out striker/finisher. Diaz will be similar, going to be an awesome player but he will miss chances.

Correct. Suits Klopp’s high energy game and can result in blitzing teams, but in the biggest and highest profile of games it isn’t probably going to work too often. We rely on teams making mistakes - the guard is up far more in a big cup final. Opposition far more focussed.

Too much at stake for both teams. It’s where a genuine striker earns the big bucks. Sturridge was the last top class finisher we had. Origi, even with so few appearances proved his worth.

Chelsea also didn't score in either final. Our games with them are often cagey affairs. However, our lack of goals in finals is interesting. A proper No. 9 would be a welcome addition.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No - that is what you are saying I am saying.

I am saying 7 finals and 4 goals from open play.

A cup final is different. Opposition has come a long way too. They defend with more focus - they are harder games to score goals in
    Yes, definitely need to change tactics or put in some players who can break the defend from and direct attack like header for example. For the past 3 finals, they allowed us to hold the ball, they didn't want to have good final, played a boring game just wait for counter attack.