Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Now the season is over!

You could nit pick and find fault with a few players last night, (personally I thought Trent and Robbo both had poor games, although Trent did get a few last minute tackles in,) but overall I think we looked like a team who have played about 70 games in a single season.
    However there was one moment in particular that i just got angry, when Naby Keita had that opportunity from the edge of the box with time and space. What the fuck was he doing? That is not a mentality monster. For me the Naby Keita experiment has failed and he should be moved on and upgraded.
    I don't know if we can still get Tchouameni. Him or someone like him is absolutely essential.
    Also out..Ox, Minamino. If Jurgen wants Milner to stay for another season for his influence on game management and his influence round the club, I am ok with that.
    Sadio and Mo. Does Sadio just want to run his contract down and dress it up as if 'he's staying!' I don't like that. I would like to keep him if he signs an extension.
    I think Mo's head has gone. Maybe he should follow. He seems to be obsessed with his own legend.

Agree about Keita. He's had moments but that snapshot last night pretty much sums up his time at LFC. A let down.
    It's a shame that players like Minamino didn't get a go last night. Mane and Salah were running down blind alleys but he trusts them to the end. We needed a bit of guile and trickery in the middle last night, something we've harped on about for a long time and it needs to be the next step in the teams upgrade/evolution.
    That one element is what has stopped us taking it all home.

Ox should leave because he barely played this season, we should get some money for him. It's beyond my comprehension why he not get at least 15m last night, he could run forward from midfield with the ball and have a good shot outside the box. He accelerate our game when he was playing a good couple of games.
    Definitely out, Ox, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Minamino and Jones.
    We have a good base for next season and I would like to play on different system with a proper striker because we play almost all games against low blocks.
    I would like to see a change for 4.2.3.1

Alisson
    Arnold (decent back up and someone could battle for first place on team) . Konate - Van Djik - Tsimikas
    Fabinho - new box to box midfield
    New left wing/Mane - Carvalho - Diaz
    Jota (new proper striker)
    We need potentially 4 new signings for first team, RB new midfield to play alongside Fabinho but more offensive, left wing and a proper striker. And please don't play Jota on the wing NO MORE

Doing major surgery on a team that were close to winning four trophies would be foolish. However saying that we struggled to carve open teams in three finals. To that end I do think three important signings would be a replacement for one of Salah or Mane, a right back and a midfielder. We need a bit of dynamism that I think was lacking. We were as close to losing all four as we failed to carve teams open since February

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    new midfield to play alongside Fabinho
    Fabinho remains a major part of our problem, in terms of actual threat coming into his area last night, it was ONE, one fucking time, all he had to do was get to Valverde qucikly, which is a problem as his sprint is like most other players jogging, and make the fucking block, ONE fucking thing he had to do, he did fuck all with the ball, was too slow to move it and move it intelligently involving all our players who can create

Look at Casemiro last night and Kante in our games v Chelsea and even Hendo making a crucial intervention towards the end of the first half in the position Fab should have been in

It IS NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH, it has never been good enough, aside from for about 14 games of his first season when he didn't actually play as a No6 or a DM, he started in the position, but predominantly played a high destroyer role, with Gini and RCM picking up the pieces behind him, that got rumbled just past half way through that first season and we had to bring Hendo back in at RCM to pick up the rest of the slack for him

Fabinho is not a good No6 of DM, he doesn't read the game well, if he did he;d have stopped that ball getting to Valverde as he'd have stayed with his man which was Casemiro instead of blindly fucking charging to Robbo's man leaving Casemiro wide open - He's a fucking joke, he's a cult hero among all of our fans who have that weird Gerrard/Hendo shit still going on, for taking Henderson's place at DM, that's it, that is his single greatest thing that has made him popular, because anyone even putting him in the same league as Rodri, Casemiro, Kante etc needs to lay off the crack, he makes consistent basic errors that cost goals

We were at our very best under Jurgen with Gini LCM Hendo No6 and any other at RCM in the 19-20 season, that midfield would have done better than what we put out last night, the writing should have been on the wall after the evolution we made as a team in Fab's absence when Hendo became the accidental playmaker

We've wasted 2 seasons not using that now, bought the injury prone Thiago in place of Gini and his insistence on trying to dominate the ball is hindering us also, we're not getting Virgil Trent or Hendo on the ball often enough to initiate attacks from different areas, it's all too predictable - Hendo's slowed down now too, we need a top class No6 brought in who can do all the things Hendo did in 19-20 a little better and has the greater reading of the game, athleticism, speed and agility to plug holes and gte where they need to be as Fabinho so often fails to

Honestly, I'm absolutely sick and tired of seeing this side held back by Fab and now Thiago, I've kept a lot quieter about it this season to keep the peace, but it's fucking painful, Milner and hendo are getting older and slowing down, we know what they bring and they do it consistently, we know what Fab and Thiago are supposed to bring and they consistently fail to, get 2 new mids in who do actually regularly produce what that pair were/are supoosed to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

"I've kept a lot quiter about it this season".
    I beg to fucking differ there like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fabinho remains a major part of our problem, in terms of actual threat coming into his area last night, it was ONE, one fucking time, all he had to do was get to Valverde qucikly, which is a problem as his sprint is like most other players jogging, and make the fucking block, ONE fucking thing he had to do, he did fuck all with the ball, was too slow to move it and move it intelligently involving all our players who can create

Look at Casemiro last night and Kante in our games v Chelsea and even Hendo making a crucial intervention towards the end of the first half in the position Fab should have been in

It IS NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH, it has never been good enough, aside from for about 14 games of his first season when he didn't actually play as a No6 or a DM, he started in the position, but predominantly played a high destroyer role, with Gini and RCM picking up the pieces behind him, that got rumbled just past half way through that first season and we had to bring Hendo back in at RCM to pick up the rest of the slack for him

Fabinho is not a good No6 of DM, he doesn't read the game well, if he did he;d have stopped that ball getting to Valverde as he'd have stayed with his man which was Casemiro instead of blindly fucking charging to Robbo's man leaving Casemiro wide open - He's a fucking joke, he's a cult hero among all of our fans who have that weird Gerrard/Hendo shit still going on, for taking Henderson's place at DM, that's it, that is his single greatest thing that has made him popular, because anyone even putting him in the same league as Rodri, Casemiro, Kante etc needs to lay off the crack, he makes consistent basic errors that cost goals

We were at our very best under Jurgen with Gini LCM Hendo No6 and any other at RCM in the 19-20 season, that midfield would have done better than what we put out last night, the writing should have been on the wall after the evolution we made as a team in Fab's absence when Hendo became the accidental playmaker

We've wasted 2 seasons not using that now, bought the injury prone Thiago in place of Gini and his insistence on trying to dominate the ball is hindering us also, we're not getting Virgil Trent or Hendo on the ball often enough to initiate attacks from different areas, it's all too predictable - Hendo's slowed down now too, we need a top class No6 brought in who can do all the things Hendo did in 19-20 a little better and has the greater reading of the game, athleticism, speed and agility to plug holes and gte where they need to be as Fabinho so often fails to

Honestly, I'm absolutely sick and tired of seeing this side held back by Fab and now Thiago, I've kept a lot quieter about it this season to keep the peace, but it's fucking painful, Milner and hendo are getting older and slowing down, we know what they bring and they do it consistently, we know what Fab and Thiago are supposed to bring and they consistently fail to, get 2 new mids in who do actually regularly produce what that pair were/are supoosed to
    I understand your point but I can't agree. Fabinho is a (at least) one very good No6. But he isn't a player to drive de ball forward, a box to box midfield, he is a destroyer. At this role I think he is (at least) very good

Ox should leave because he barely played this season, we should get some money for him. It's beyond my comprehension why he not get at least 15m last night, he could run forward from midfield with the ball and have a good shot outside the box. He accelerate our game when he was playing a good couple of games.
    Definitely out, Ox, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Minamino and Jones.
    We have a good base for next season and I would like to play on different system with a proper striker because we play almost all games against low blocks.
    I would like to see a change for 4.2.3.1

Alisson
    Arnold (decent back up and someone could battle for first place on team) . Konate - Van Djik - Tsimikas
    Fabinho - new box to box midfield
    New left wing/Mane - Carvalho - Diaz
    Jota (new proper striker)
    We need potentially 4 new signings for first team, RB new midfield to play alongside Fabinho but more offensive, left wing and a proper striker. And please don't play Jota on the wing NO MORE
    Right back - think we'll see Neco return on loan whose an option

Don't think we'll sign a lwf, the focus will be on another cf and a rwf option.

This season only playing lwf (all comps)
    Jota 6 goals & 6 assists in 1,179 minutes
    Mane 11 goals & 3 assists in 2,402 minutes

Mane with double the minutes at left got 14 goals/or/assists to Jotas 12.

The big issue this year in attack is we had no one capable of dislodging Salah.
    Taki performed best on the right statistically but was over looked.

Rwf option for me we could beat spurs to Dybala perhaps
    Cf there seems to be a bit more choice

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Right back - think we'll see Neco return on loan whose an option

Don't think we'll sign a lwf, the focus will be on another cf and a rwf option.

This season only playing lwf (all comps)
    Jota 6 goals & 6 assists in 1,179 minutes
    Mane 11 goals & 3 assists in 2,402 minutes

Mane with double the minutes at left got 14 goals/or/assists to Jotas 12.

The big issue this year in attack is we had no one capable of dislodging Salah.
    Taki performed best on the right statistically but was over looked.

Rwf option for me we could beat spurs to Dybala perhaps
    Cf there seems to be a bit more choice
    But not to forget Jota play some games on the wing when he don't deliver on that position. Jota are the only real number 9 we have, since Origi left

But not to forget Jota play some games on the wing when he don't deliver on that position. Jota are the only real number 9 we have, since Origi left
    Jota is good at 9 . Keep him there next season. He needs confidence. Don't keep moving him around.