Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Now the season is over!

A whole new midfield so that's at least 3 midfielders we can keep Thiago henderson and Fab I guess.

rest can go, or go on loan like jones

A actual clinical forward, if that means losing one of the 3 up front, then so be it.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    A whole new midfield so that's at least 3 midfielders we can keep Thiago henderson and Fab I guess.

rest can go, or go on loan like jones

A actual clinical forward, if that means losing one of the 3 up front, then so be it.
    Hard to score when the pimp is big fucking hairy Belgian!

If City’s new striker stays fit, they will win the league easily. We’re not going to get easier route to the champions league final again like this season. Start the rebuild now, Mane & Salah have no attention of staying, so get rid & get some money for them. Total rebuild of the midfield is needed. Get rid of injury prone players. Klopp needs to bring fresh ideas & plan b tactics. Would like to see us get a Clinical Finishing Striker, Finding one is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Start the rebuild now, Mane & Salah have no attention of staying, so get rid & get some money for them. Total rebuild of the midfield is needed.
    To replace two-of-three of our first-choice attack AND look at rebuilding the midfield seems pretty drastic considering what was still possible a week ago.

Diaz is already a "new" attacker, Carvalho will be as well and some of us will be wanting a third.

Selling one of Salah or Mane can help speed the process along but I'd keep the other for the last year to ease the transition a bit.

As for the midfield - one quality addition who is regularly fit could make all the difference to us, with hopefully Bellingham to come in the future.

I think to try to replace 5/6/7 in one Summer is far too much.

"Looking back, people said PSG were unlucky, Chelsea were unlucky, Manchester City were unlucky," Ancelotti told reporters. "This was practically the only game where people thought we were more or less on the same level.
    "I think it helped that Liverpool were easier to decipher than the others, because they have a very clear identity and we could prepare the way that we did. We knew what strategy to take - don’t give them space behind the defence to run into.

"Perhaps our football wasn’t extraordinarily beautiful on an aesthetic level, but playing out from the back to incentivise their pressing wasn’t a great idea. We had a few more long balls, then we got to control the ball more, especially in the second half."

Carlo Ancelotti

Thoughts..

Not sure, I always feel he has the needle for us. One of the reasons I dislike him but we gave him his biggest heartache and hes managed the Bitters so I guess it's understandable.
    I'm.sure it's not meant to be but it looks a bit like a dig at us that "decipher" line.

Our biggest problem is usually when we hit a brick wall we keep doing the sane thing, if our full backs cant create we are stuck. We usually find a way 99/100. No reason to drastically change that as the results speak for themselves but in a big final like that maybe we needed a plan B? But how many teams do have a plan B? None really.

Their run this season has similar nods to ours in 05. I guess their name was on it from the off.
    I'm certain that we'll win that competition again under Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    If City’s new striker stays fit, they will win the league easily. We’re not going to get easier route to the champions league final again like this season. Start the rebuild now, Mane & Salah have no attention of staying, so get rid & get some money for them. Total rebuild of the midfield is needed. Get rid of injury prone players. Klopp needs to bring fresh ideas & plan b tactics. Would like to see us get a Clinical Finishing Striker, Finding one is another matter.
    Easy route to the final. We were in the so called "Group of Death"
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    "Looking back, people said PSG were unlucky, Chelsea were unlucky, Manchester City were unlucky," Ancelotti told reporters. "This was practically the only game where people thought we were more or less on the same level.
    "I think it helped that Liverpool were easier to decipher than the others, because they have a very clear identity and we could prepare the way that we did. We knew what strategy to take - don’t give them space behind the defence to run into.

"Perhaps our football wasn’t extraordinarily beautiful on an aesthetic level, but playing out from the back to incentivise their pressing wasn’t a great idea. We had a few more long balls, then we got to control the ball more, especially in the second half."

Carlo Ancelotti

Thoughts..
    We really should have scored 2 or 3 goals. The difference was their keeper and a kind rebound of the post.

For their goal. I still don't understand why Robbo was pressing Modric so deep in the Madrid half? That left space behind him. People seem to be having a go at Trent. He could have been more aware of the run but it all stemmed from Robbo being so far up the pitch
    Last edited by vin; 30th May 2022 at 12:02 PM.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

When class players are on the ball and dancing with it - opposition players panic. That's the part of the game that I believe Scientific red is on about at ground/pitch level. If you watch a player like Modric or even Thiago with the ball at their feet, they drag players out of position - even when running away from your goal. It's how well they own the ball while moving. Modric didn't just drag Robbo out, Diaz and Thiago too. he takes out 3 or 4 players with the run back and pass, but crucially the speed and accuracy of the pass finds Carvajal in space with time to suck in 3 more before a simple lay off to Casemiro.

We could use a couple who can do that or understand that play.

Vinicius is not the only player free - Kroos is also free on the edge of our box. they completely dragged our entire setup right across to the left side (right side for them) and well out of position before finishing the move into the net.

call it a failed shot or whatever - we are done by that play.