Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Now the season is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with you. Looking at that clip. We could have stopped that goal.

What's this thing about a mis-hit shot?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

We need a serial winner in the team somebody who scores in finals. Ronaldo would have scored against real the other day. Our front 3 somehow never turn up on finals.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with you. Looking at that clip. We could have stopped that goal.

What's this thing about a mis-hit shot?
    That's fine, I expect many won't see it as I do.

I am highlighting what I believe leads to the team being caught out of position and conceding when no danger is that apparent to the viewer. Our players realise the danger and that's why they react but they react in precisely the way the opposition need them to to create the space to catch us out.

On the mishit..
    Some have suggested that the cross was actually a fumbled strike at goal. To be fair the space had been made we were in trouble a shot there is a viable alternative.

If you/we had a choice, would we keep Sadio or Mo for one more season?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Reading what Carlo said it matches what lots of us have been saying. We generally play one way. I’m no professional coach but I watch way too much football to know what we want to do to an opponent. If you have the personnel that can neutralize our fullbacks play than you have a good chance of frustrating Liverpool. If Robbo/Trent have a poor game, combined with that high line defensively, the current squad is easy enough to build a strategy against. Our front three are fast and have amazing interplay at times, but none are born finishers. Thank god for Alisson and Virgil. For me they are the bedrock. Everyone else is replaceable.

It does look like a mishit shot by Valverde. Only he knows.
    Out of interest, who would you chaps say is the closest thing to Modric? Someone whos attainable, someone that we need?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    If you/we had a choice, would we keep Sadio or Mo for one more season?
    Going on form over the last six months I’d keep Mane. Mo looks like the Mo that played at Chelsea and Roma now. Good but limited impact.

So what Ancelotti is saying is we looked at how they play and decided to sit deep. Like about 80% of premier league teams who play against us. It's not rocket science or some advanced progressive football philosophy just because it comes out of the mouth of a great and deservedly respected coach.
    But most teams when pressed high just hump a hopeful ball beyond our centre backs, whereas Real Madrid have Modric who under pressure can still find pin point long passes.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It does look like a mishit shot by Valverde. Only he knows.
    Out of interest, who would you chaps say is the closest thing to Modric? Someone whos attainable, someone that we need?
    Hard to find someone that gifted as a midfielder with his passing and dribbling skills. Nobody comes to mind that is really close to him in that way. Names like Aouar at Lyon, Koke, or Barella at Inter are solid mids but not a total playmaker like Modric.