Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Now the season is over!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    In real time I thought hendo was lazy as the ball was on their right. Said he'd be pivotal in us keeping a clean sheet.
    Oh dear, so in your non agenda driven view, it was somehow Hendo's fault: Thiago got wrong side of Modric trying to win the ball and let him break (for about the fourth time in the game) together with Carvajal and Casemiro and twice failed to get back after Modric and make an effective challenge, that Fabinho did what Fabinho does, went with Robbo to a man he was already covering leaving his man Casemiro free and thus creating the situation by which it was easy for Modric to find Casemiro and Casemiro and Carvajal to release Valverde

Let's be clear at this point, all of this has happened quite wide on Real's right, we have Thiago LCM, Fabinho alleged No6/DM/Destroyer, Robbo (doing what he should be doing to be fair) with Virgil LCB behind them and the ball to release Valverde goes to Real's wide right, leaving him one v one with Virgil, who did have ample opportunity to get to him and do what Virgil does before Carvajal could get up in true support and the ball Valverde played in was actually played in before Carvajal got up in true support of Valverde

Virgil's presence does slow Valverde down enough for Fabinho, our alleged No6/DM/Destroyer to jog back into a position he simply HAS to make a block on any shot or cross, I mean, he's an alleged No6/DM/Destroyer, it's what we pay him way too much to sit deeper in front of the back four to do, it's his fucking job, it's about the only instance in the entire fucking game he was required to do it, the only other, central, his area again late in the first half seeing Hendo bail him out and make an DM/Destroyers intervention that prevented an almost certain goal

But you think, in your 'i don't have a Hendo agenda' head, it was somehow his fault, how he was somehow culpable for Thiago's (3 times), Fabinho's (2 times) and Virgil's failure to do their job in their position in their area of the pitch, do please explain just how the FUCK you figure that one out - Jesus fucking wept, I know you lot love to gush like school girls over Thiago and Fabinho's very rare instances of making a meaningful contribution, but this is an incredible stretch even by your standards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Oh dear, so in your non agenda driven view, it was somehow Hendo's fault: Thiago got wrong side of Modric trying to win the ball and let him break (for about the fourth time in the game) together with Carvajal and Casemiro and twice failed to get back after Modric and make an effective challenge, that Fabinho did what Fabinho does, went with Robbo to a man he was already covering leaving his man Casemiro free and thus creating the situation by which it was easy for Modric to find Casemiro and Casemiro and Carvajal to release Valverde

Let's be clear at this point, all of this has happened quite wide on Real's right, we have Thiago LCM, Fabinho alleged No6/DM/Destroyer, Robbo (doing what he should be doing to be fair) with Virgil LCB behind them and the ball to release Valverde goes to Real's wide right, leaving him one v one with Virgil, who did have ample opportunity to get to him and do what Virgil does before Carvajal could get up in true support and the ball Valverde played in was actually played in before Carvajal got up in true support of Valverde

Virgil's presence does slow Valverde down enough for Fabinho, our alleged No6/DM/Destroyer to jog back into a position he simply HAS to make a block on any shot or cross, I mean, he's an alleged No6/DM/Destroyer, it's what we pay him way too much to sit deeper in front of the back four to do, it's his fucking job, it's about the only instance in the entire fucking game he was required to do it, the only other, central, his area again late in the first half seeing Hendo bail him out and make an DM/Destroyers intervention that prevented an almost certain goal

But you think, in your 'i don't have a Hendo agenda' head, it was somehow his fault, how he was somehow culpable for Thiago's (3 times), Fabinho's (2 times) and Virgil's failure to do their job in their position in their area of the pitch, do please explain just how the FUCK you figure that one out - Jesus fucking wept, I know you lot love to gush like school girls over Thiago and Fabinho's very rare instances of making a meaningful contribution, but this is an incredible stretch even by your standards
    I gather you.will see it differently. For me he had a role to play at rcm akin to Modric. Modric played it deeper, Hendo more advanced.
    Hendo wasn't running too hard to get back iirc, I'm very open to the idea of misperceiving the phases. As said not interested in watching it back just yet

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I gather you.will see it differently.
    A great many people will no doubt, but it simply isn't possible through what all those other players job is and their failure to do it and the area of the pitch it happened in and that Virgil AND Fab should have easily stopped Valverde, after that Konate had Benzema and should also have prevented any attempted ball by Valverde going past him and Trent was also there to stop any ball in and pick up Vinicius who was his responsibility to begin to even attempt to lay any portion of blame whatsoever for that goal on Hendo

I had gone for a spell, but just had a quick browse as I was bored, intending not to post until I saw that absolute fucking whopper from you

I'd sell Fabinho and Thiago and bring in a No6/DM and a creative midfielder who will release our forwards and full backs with the passing we already know they thrive on, and adding to that, whilst also regularly finding our other players who release those players to do so - You know, bring in a couple of players for those positions who CAN actually deliver what they are supposed to, that'd be the best starting point

Honestly, I'll fucking crack up if I have to suffer another season of twats telling me how brilliantly that pair are when they're pertinently not doing their job, what be bought them for or what they get paid so fucking handsomely for, I love watching top quality DMs/No6s do what top players in their positions do, I think their contribution is often drastically underrated, Fab is a complete anomaly in that respect, he's the first one I've encountered who doesn't do any of the things all the best players in the history of the game to have played that position do so brilliantly, or even the basics, but is lavishly lauded with praise for I'm not sure what

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd sell Fabinho and Thiago and bring in a No6/DM and a creative midfielder who will release our forwards and full backs with the passing we already know they thrive on, and adding to that, whilst also regularly finding our other players who release those players to do so - You know, bring in a couple of players for those positions who CAN actually deliver what they are supposed to, that'd be the best starting point

Honestly, I'll fucking crack up if I have to suffer another season of twats telling me how brilliantly that pair are when they're pertinently not doing their job, what be bought them for or what they get paid so fucking handsomely for, I love watching top quality DMs/No6s do what top players in their positions do, I think their contribution is often drastically underrated, Fab is a complete anomaly in that respect, he's the first one I've encountered who doesn't do any of the things all the best players in the history of the game to have played that position do so brilliantly, or even the basics, but is lavishly lauded with praise for I'm not sure what
    How about a touch of realism

Say TouchyFeely to play 6/8, Chiesa rwf and Nunez Cf arrive this summer, with Origi, Ox & Mane departing.

Or whatever rwf capable player you rate presently

Chiesa has signed for Juve. He's going nowhere.
    As for a creative midfielder, who would you go for?

Great cartoon by david squires, includes a picture that makes fun of Trent's ill advised prematch interview when he said he could see things on the pitch that other players can't see. (As long as it it isn't Vinicius Junior)
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2022/may/31/david-squires-champions-league-final-paris-liverpool-real-madrid

Hadn't read about him saying that! Jesus man some of our lads need to just button it.

Rumour from one of the gossip sites that PSG want Keita for €50m..........
    I'm just going to fill my car up with diesel...........

Hahaaa nice one tees.

In all honesty he is a useful benchwarmer but if we got anything like that kind of offer he would be gone in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Rumour from one of the gossip sites that PSG want Keita for €50m..........
    I'm just going to fill my car up with diesel...........
    I like Keita, but if we thought we could find a 20-23 year-old with a good fitness record and high ceiling, then such an offer would be worthy of weighing up.

We definitely need to give Elliott and Jones a lot more playing time to develop them - I was looking at Ox as the departure to facilitate some of that rather than Keita.

Don't want to change too much too quickly. We went to the last match in the League, the last match of the Champion's League and won the two Domestic Cups. So many are being linked with moves to/from us and if all of it came to fruition, it would be like a heart and liver transplant when all we need is some Botox and a nose job.