Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Now the season is over!

Only a year left on his contract. Same as Ox.
    Be interesting to see what happens, will they cash in on Keita to recoup something.
    Firmino also in last year. That's 5 players into their last season. Even of its only Ox leaving that would still be 4 going for free next year.
    That's a lot to replace.

Bobby has said that he is very happy at the club. i don't think he wants to run down his contract, but not sure if he has been offered an extension.
    I am a massive fan of Bobby Firmino, I know he is more of a bit part player now, but he epitomises the understanding of Klopps style and how the press works. I always think we look better when he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I like Keita, but if we thought we could find a 20-23 year-old with a good fitness record and high ceiling, then such an offer would be worthy of weighing up.

We definitely need to give Elliott and Jones a lot more playing time to develop them - I was looking at Ox as the departure to facilitate some of that rather than Keita.

Don't want to change too much too quickly. We went to the last match in the League, the last match of the Champion's League and won the two Domestic Cups. So many are being linked with moves to/from us and if all of it came to fruition, it would be like a heart and liver transplant when all we need is some Botox and a nose job.
    But Keita doesn't play in the same role has either Elliot or Jones. Has for Keita his smirk after the ridiculous shot he did in the final. Is enough to send him packing for me. hes won a lot with us. And hardly contributed fk all
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Bobby has said that he is very happy at the club. i don't think he wants to run down his contract, but not sure if he has been offered an extension.
    I am a massive fan of Bobby Firmino, I know he is more of a bit part player now, but he epitomises the understanding of Klopps style and how the press works. I always think we look better when he plays.
    Bobby would be a cracking player as an attacking midfielder linking up play with the front three. He just cracks on with wherever he is placed. He's not been the best recently, but I'm with you being a big fan of his. Decent lad too

Are we Spurs in 2019 or Liverpool in 2018?
    While not totally comparable we strengthened the squad massively in 2018 to take us the major trophies. In 2019 Spurs didn't take the squad further and it took 3 years for them to compete for top 4

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Are we Spurs in 2019 or Liverpool in 2018?
    While not totally comparable we strengthened the squad massively in 2018 to take us the major trophies. In 2019 Spurs didn't take the squad further and it took 3 years for them to compete for top 4
    I've always felt the 2019 final was win or bust for Spurs. They've had 2 major setbacks. We had 2018 but came back stronger by signing Ali.
    They needed to do something similar after the Leicester title win, they just needed one or two top class additions and it could have been so different.

They needed and still do need to win something.
    We've won everything possible the last 3 years so I think we are in a much better situation currently.
    They will improve a lot, they won't lose or draw so many silly games and ultimately I think they'll keep Utd out of the top 4 and that's never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I've always felt the 2019 final was win or bust for Spurs. They've had 2 major setbacks. We had 2018 but came back stronger by signing Ali.
    They needed to do something similar after the Leicester title win, they just needed one or two top class additions and it could have been so different.

They needed and still do need to win something.
    We've won everything possible the last 3 years so I think we are in a much better situation currently.
    They will improve a lot, they won't lose or draw so many silly games and ultimately I think they'll keep Utd out of the top 4 and that's never a bad thing.
    Conte has had a decent chunk of time with them. Think they'll win something next season tees, they just needed minor additions and a manager that takes no shit from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Conte has had a decent chunk of time with them. Think they'll win something next season tees, they just needed minor additions and a manager that takes no shit from anyone.
    Agree. Their biggest cock up was bringing Mourinho in. That set them back whereas now they've settled things, I think they'll do well in the CL next season.
    I just always get the vibe that Conte won't be long term though?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Their biggest cock up was bringing Mourinho in. That set them back whereas now they've settled things, I think they'll do well in the CL next season.
    I just always get the vibe that Conte won't be long term though?
    I get that, could be the precedent Mourinho set at Chelsea and Spurs where Conte has followed? Daniel Levy is a tool luckily and he might get rid of conte (who could potentially make them great) if they don't win anything soon.

We've had 2 league Cup finals, 1 fa Cup final, 3 champions league finals and 1 europa league final. We've actually won one of those in real time. We struggle to score goals in finals and break down teams. We don't concede in big games as much but is our style of play suitable for finals? 🤔