Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Sadio Mané will earn €54m over the course of his 3 year contract at Bayern.

Can’t blame him, one last big payday, he wouldn’t have earned half that with us.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Sadio Mané will earn €54m over the course of his 3 year contract at Bayern.

Can’t blame him, one last big payday, he wouldn’t have earned half that with us.
    Growing up in Senegal, I'm sure he often thought about how awful it would be to get a 3 year contract at 30 years old worth about £20 million pounds from Liverpool.
    Cheers Sadio ,but it's all about the money !!

To be fair to him, he will do a lot of good back home with that money. He has already spent fortunes, making things better for people back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Very sad indeed to see Sadio will be leaving, we must all wish him all the best as he has been an absolutely incredible servant to the club and provided us all with so much enjoyment and so many brilliant moments, and for me, it was absolutely criminal that he was made to play second fiddle to the Salah circus and that Jurgen himself allowed that to happen, and I expect, after 6 seasons, he's had quite enough of it
    He hasnt played second fiddle to anyone who supports LFC or our coaches/manager.

Its only pundits who go on and on about players Messi was king at Barca but he'd have been half the player without Suarez Xavi Iniesta etc.

Just for once get off Salah back, remember Mane wanted £400k a week to stay too and you arent calling him greedy.

ALL top players have some sort of ego that is how they get there and stay there.

Didn’t Sadio say he didn’t ask Liverpool for a new contract? Pretty sure he did. Won everything with the club, offers an absolute fortune to go and see out his playing days in an easier league. Don’t blame him for one second.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Didn’t Sadio say he didn’t ask Liverpool for a new contract? Pretty sure he did. Won everything with the club, offers an absolute fortune to go and see out his playing days in an easier league. Don’t blame him for one second.
    Some have said that but a few LFC journos have also said he wanted around £400k a week to stay.

Roughly the same wage as Bayern are paying him !

He has been a great player for us and worked his ar*e off no complaints for that.

My point is some of our fans like to portray him as humble and Salah as selfish on the basis of what exactly ?

Either they are both greedy or they aren’t for me.

If he cared about the club he wouldnt have fucked off if the owners cared about the club. They wouldnt be so god damn miserly. Only people who care about the club are the fans and Jurgen/backroom staff...
    The City owners are just basically egotists same as Pep. They dont give a monkies about Man-city. Fking horrible fake club
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would be a nightmare but in theory if he doesn't care about bridge-burning he could go to Man City.
    I don't think they'll come in for him. The more I think about it, it sounds like the marquee signing.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Growing up in Senegal, I'm sure he often thought about how awful it would be to get a 3 year contract at 30 years old worth about £20 million pounds from Liverpool.
    Cheers Sadio ,but it's all about the money !!
    It's not that big of a gap. By Milners numbers around €350 kpw at Bayern.
    Our offer I'd imagine would have been around £200kpw
    20 million EURO less over 3 years.
    Around ten million net after taxes.

Still a fair wedge of money €10,000,000
    Might have suited the club to cash in and get something, certainly seems like he had made his mind up to move to Bayern.

Won a CL, SC, WCC, PL, EFL & FA Cup whilst a Liverpool player/legend. Retiring to Bayern he'll add to that collection.

Attending the Qatari WC as Champions of Africa later this year.
    Fortune favours Mané

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Some have said that but a few LFC journos have also said he wanted around £400k a week to stay.

Roughly the same wage as Bayern are paying him !

He has been a great player for us and worked his ar*e off no complaints for that.

My point is some of our fans like to portray him as humble and Salah as selfish on the basis of what exactly ?

Either they are both greedy or they aren’t for me.
    They are both Legends with potential opportunities ahead of them elsewhere. Manes gone, Salah hopefully stays longer and cements his legendary status even further.