Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Hopefully now we get someone who passes the ball to better placed players on that side more often.

The journalists are just assuming that he would want £400k to stay because of the package on offer from Bayern.
    There has been no talk of any offer on the table from Liverpool for him to have rejected, or any prior suggestion he had made any demands re a new deal.

I have no problem with him trying something new in an easier league at his age, particularly with around 3 times his current earnings on the table at his new club.
    He’s given us everything, he’s won everything, I don’t know why anyone would be having a go.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    To be fair to him, he will do a lot of good back home with that money. He has already spent fortunes, making things better for people back home.
    That is true.

Hard to know what to do in that position. If I was a Footballer I would be buying up land and doing regenerative, re-wilding type stuff on it. If I thought I could buy up twice as much land that could benefit wildlife (and those who want to enjoy it) for future generations I am sure I would be at the very least tempted to change club.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Some have said that but a few LFC journos have also said he wanted around £400k a week to stay.

Roughly the same wage as Bayern are paying him !

He has been a great player for us and worked his ar*e off no complaints for that.

My point is some of our fans like to portray him as humble and Salah as selfish on the basis of what exactly ?

Either they are both greedy or they aren’t for me.
    Totally correct the double standards are beyond a joke but they are also very revealing.

He’s given us everything, he’s won everything, I don’t know why anyone would be having a go.
    People hate on players because they are scared for the future of the team.

If they knew that we are going to win the quadruple next season then they'd wish him well.

The journalists are just assuming that he would want £400k to stay because of the package on offer from Bayern.
    There has been no talk of any offer on the table from Liverpool for him to have rejected, or any prior suggestion he had made any demands re a new deal.

I have no problem with him trying something new in an easier league at his age, particularly with around 3 times his current earnings on the table at his new club.
    He's been on higher wages here since he renewed his contract in 2018.
    Around the £180,000 a week mark.

In the words of Ian Brown, don't be sad it's over. Be glad it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That is true.

Hard to know what to do in that position. If I was a Footballer I would be buying up land and doing regenerative, re-wilding type stuff on it. If I thought I could buy up twice as much land that could benefit wildlife (and those who want to enjoy it) for future generations I am sure I would be at the very least tempted to change club.
    Couldn’t argue with that , Sadio has shown, (quietly ) his philanthropic views . I wish him well .

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That is true.

Good comments Sid like Wildlife myself 😼

If I was at LFC that is a different nobody would ever tempt me 😂

Mane is a good guy off the pitch and bit snide on it that is all good for me.

A legend for sure in my mind.

But what's he ever done for us ?
    Cheers Sadio, enjoy your retirement.