Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Good comments Sid like Wildlife myself 😼
    If I end up documenting some of my pics or some of the nestbox stuff I do via a Blog or Facebook I'll link something in off-topic. May prove of interest to some.

Currently chatting to a few farmers to try and work towards building a "corridor" of fields that have margins/hedgerows to help insects and small rodents get about, to encourage birds of prey. Isn't always easy getting folks on board but so much is changing in the landscape that it's worth doing tiny bits and pieces. They all add up.

Cool Sid, very cool…

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-saved-abject-season-mane-pure-greed-behind-bayern-move

I don't agree with the pure greed part but I do agree with Mane being well off form for long periods. I think the forum has rose-tinted some of this. He has been a great player, a legend. It wouldn't take a lot of trawling of threads to find many posts with the same sentiment that's expressed in the "article".

Maybe the timing of this is right. Both club and player move on in an amicable way.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

You make a good point vin.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-saved-abject-season-mane-pure-greed-behind-bayern-move

I don't agree with the pure greed part but I do agree with Mane being well off form for long periods. I think the forum has rose-tinted some of this. He has been a great player, a legend. It wouldn't take a lot of trawling of threads to find many posts with the same sentiment that's expressed in the "article".

Maybe the timing of this is right. Both club and player move on in an amicable way.
    A little harsh as I see it. He was in bad form over the few months between Coutinhos bad back summer and January Barca move.
    Outside of those few months only this last year has he looked off and had a cob on.

He was in supreme form through our very best years, throughout the time of us winning the CL & PL he was a phenomenal contributor.
    Better than Salah for a period then and over these last few months.

He was well below par for most of 2020/21. In fact he looked like he was leaving or wanted to leave. Body language was worrying for a long spell too. It’s a harsh assessment but it has some truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post

His form before he got covid (not saying covid had anything to do with it) was great but there was a noticeable decline post that. He then picked it up again after AFCON (still patchy though) last year and even then his expressions and demeanor suggested he was not very happy here, but maybe it was just me who saw it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A little harsh as I see it. He was in bad form over the few months between Coutinhos bad back summer and January Barca move.
    Outside of those few months only this last year has he looked off and had a cob on.

He was in supreme form through our very best years, throughout the time of us winning the CL & PL he was a phenomenal contributor.
    Better than Salah for a period then and over these last few months.
    He is a legend but in my view has had prolonged periods of not being at it. I actually think Salah has been better than him consistently except from January this year.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Except from January....

Sad to see him go. He was a warrior for us, rarely injured and always up for a fight.
    Why hes won the anc and will be at the wc, but salah won't.

One of the lower earners (for a star player) in the league if I'm not mistaken.

Very sad, and he will be a big miss, even an off form Mane is still a huge threat to anyone.

Heart breaking message from him on the club website.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/sadio-manes-farewell-interview-i-am-now-liverpools-no1-fan

Gutted but we have to move on. Good luck to him except against us.