Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    One would wonder
    The "best answer" he referred to could have been lost in translation, ie the person asking the question wants the "scoop" and Mane has said he will provide the answer if asked after the Final. Has that journalist even seen him since?

Or indeed it could simply have been a brush-off "speak to me after the Final" as he doesn't want a distraction.

Or maybe he had hoped we win the match, perhaps with him getting the goal and he says something along the lines of "I let my Football fo the talking, there's my answer".

We can read too much into these things. Hilariously I am, in my own way, doing the exact same thing right now.

I'd take Lewandowski for a year...Klopp likes him
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    I'd take Lewandowski for a year...Klopp likes him
    This WP 100% this
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

https://lfcglobe.co.uk/liverpool-fc-players-wages-contract-details/

Anyone know how accurate these figures are?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Manes wages are outdated. He extended in 2018

Mane's a new Mane, he's not the Mane he was pre covid and not the best in the world at LFWD he was, he has reinvented himself brilliantly at false 9 and was our best option there in the second half of the season

However, there have been quite a number of calls for us to look for a player who can play false 9 and No9 and be more of a target for our excellent crossers of the ball moving forward for quite a while now

Mane's been absolutely superb for us, I don't want him to go, but we never want any of them to go in truth and nothing lasts forever, maybe Jurgen will think this is the right time to make those changes if the right offer comes in

This summer or next, both Mane and Mo will be gone, we have to replace them soon enough anyway, Mo in particular hasn't given us 100% since not getting what he wants and is being a disruptive influence and I'd personally rather that didn't continue, the unknown and unproven is always a worry for us fans, but our recruitment team has an exceptional recent record and we replaced Rush with Aldridge, Keegan with Kenny etc etc etc in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mane's a new Mane, he's not the Mane he was pre covid and not the best in the world at LFWD he was, he has reinvented himself brilliantly at false 9 and was our best option there in the second half of the season

However, there have been quite a number of calls for us to look for a player who can play false 9 and No9 and be more of a target for our excellent crossers of the ball moving forward for quite a while now

Mane's been absolutely superb for us, I don't want him to go, but we never want any of them to go in truth and nothing lasts forever, maybe Jurgen will think this is the right time to make those changes if the right offer comes in

This summer or next, both Mane and Mo will be gone, we have to replace them soon enough anyway, Mo in particular hasn't given us 100% since not getting what he wants and is being a disruptive influence and I'd personally rather that didn't continue, the unknown and unproven is always a worry for us fans, but our recruitment team has an exceptional recent record and we replaced Rush with Aldridge, Keegan with Kenny etc etc etc in the past
    Martinez?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Martinez?
    I'm thinking Nunez and Antony, in our side, with Jurgen as manager and the strengths of our other players, our new front 3 could potentially be better than our old one, not hard to envisage Antony scoring more in our set up than he does for Ajax, better crossing and playmaking ability than Mo too, has a very VERY happy knack of getting the better of the FB and pinging crosses right on the head of the No9 running off the back of the 2 Cbs, so the 2 in combination could be very good

Martinez didn't impress me at all in our 2 games v Inter

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm thinking Nunez and Antony, in our side, with Jurgen as manager and the strengths of our other players, our new front 3 could potentially be better than our old one, not hard to envisage Antony scoring more in our set up than he does for Ajax, better crossing and playmaking ability than Mo too, has a very VERY happy knack of getting the better of the FB and pinging crosses right on the head of the No9 running off the back of the 2 Cbs, so the 2 in combination could be very good

Martinez didn't impress me at all in our 2 games v Inter
    Who did?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Who did?
    Spurs latest signing Perisic, none of their forwards, Nunez was the opposition forward who was most impressive in all our Champions League games, including the final