Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Spurs latest signing Perisic, none of their forwards, Nunez was the opposition forward who was most impressive in all our Champions League games, including the final
    But what about against other teams? We play with a very high line. I do not think it good judgment to just judge players on how they play v us

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But what about against other teams? We play with a very high line. I do not think it good judgment to just judge players on how they play v us
    A part of how we play is to release our forwards 1v1 against opposition players, Nunez passed that test with flying colours left right and centre

Looking at Lukaku for Inter 24 Serie A goals last season
    And Martinez for Inter 21 Serie A goals this season only 1 Champions League goal in 8 appearances (Nunez 6 in 10), judging players against Serie A opposition is pertinently not a good barometer of anything
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Says the expert.

Take a holiday FFS.

A part of how we play is to release our forwards 1v1 against opposition players, Nunez passed that test with flying colours left right and centre

Looking at Lukaku for Inter 24 Serie A goals last season
    And Martinez for Inter 21 Serie A goals this season only 1 Champions League goal in 8 appearances (Nunez 6 in 10), judging players against Serie A opposition is pertinently not a good barometer of anything
    But Martinez is a young developing player

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Says the expert.

Take a holiday FFS.

Seriously dude, why make promises you can’t keep.?

And don’t take the Alan Partridge clips as an attack on you 19. I genuinely feel for you, they are simply a funny
    Interlude to lighten the mood .

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But Martinez is a young developing player
    So are the other 2, both 22, Martinez plays CF, our full backs crossing ability is one of our greatest strengths, Martinez is 5'7" tall, if Mane does leave we surely need to add greater aerial threat and ability in that position with whoever we bring in

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Seriously dude, why make promises you can’t keep.?
    My flight was cancelled

So are the other 2, both 22, Martinez plays CF, our full backs crossing ability is one of our greatest strengths, Martinez is 5'7" tall, if Mane does leave we surely need to add greater aerial threat and ability in that position with whoever we bring in
    Martinez has a great leap and is very good with his head

And are our crosses that good? Stats say that it is high risk low percentage conversion. How do our's work out?