Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Martinez has a great leap and is very good with his head
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And are our crosses that good? Stats say that it is high risk low percentage conversion. How do our's work out?
    Jota's got a fantastic leap and is very good with his head and a little taller than Martinez, but he can't outjump or outmuscle those low block defences CBs either, our crosses finding their target and being more successful in such situations would dramatically improve with a 6'2" No9 with a very good leap who is skilled at making those little runs off the back of or across CBs

Still, we've made such an incredible fuck up of our supposed evolution to date it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the latest great masterplan was to buy a midget to play at No9 to try and get more out of our crossing ability
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota's got a fantastic leap and is very good with his head and a little taller than Martinez, but he can't outjump or outmuscle those low block defences CBs either, our crosses finding their target and being more successful in such situations would dramatically improve with a 6'2" No9 with a very good leap who is skilled at making those little runs off the back of or across CBs

Still, we've made such an incredible fuck up of our supposed evolution to date it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the latest great masterplan was to buy a midget to play at No9 to try and get more out of our crossing ability
    Stats say crosses are high risk low percentage conversion. How do our stats look on that front?

I think Mane wants to leave either because he's fed up at the lack of recognition he receives and everything being all about Salah, or he wants to continue hitting the same numbers and knows from his own experience last season that post covid he isn't the world class LFWD he once, purely because of Covid and he's one of 3 very good options we have for No9

The transfer business, combined with trying to manage the squad and players ageing, dropping off a bit is becoming a little untidy

Jota was a great signing to play a few games at LFWD to give Mane rest and give Bobby competition at No9, in fairness we couldn't have known covid would strike Mane and affect him the way it did causing a move to No9 for Mane

Together with the signing of Diaz it's pretty much revealed Mane is a current better option at No9 than Jota or Bobby and Jota is really only an odd game player at LFWD

So the covid business has made everything a little untidy

LFWD Diaz - No real great competition and second option there that offers what we need and missed desperately badly affecting how we played as a team post covid Mane, so an area that we need to look to recruit

No9 - Mane - Jota - Bobby in that order - Mane seems determined to leave, Bobby will likely only be a season behind him and as good as Jota is in some games, it is very often like playing with 10 men unless he scores So we do really need to be looking for a No9 also

RFWD - Mo - Ox - Minamino a long standing issue with everything being about Mo and Jurgen allowing that to develop in not getting in strong competition for RFWD, I expect Ox and Minamino to both leave, but we desperately need top quality to replace Mo at RFWD

I don't envy Ward at all, after Edwards had praise lavished on him for all our success, when it was mostly down to our transfer system he was just an exceptional deal maker for transfers both in and out, Ward's taken over the reigns at the worst and most testing of times for him to have done so, as rebuilding a highly successful side without a drop for even a season is an infinitely more difficult task than building a side up gradually as funding to do so was made available, it was going to be incredibly difficult for every player Edwards signed to fail to be massive improvements of the players they came in for, by the same token it's going to be incredibly difficult for every player Ward brings in to be better than the ones they're replacing

Mane and Mo's agitations have certainly not made Ward's job an easier, although he didn't help himself by not being astute and market aware over the Tchouameni business who now looks almost certain to move to Real and now Ward's still looking for 2 midfielders, a RB as competition for Trent and potentially 3 forwards while having to negotiate the exits of several players, possibly including the as until recently unexpected exits of Mane and Mo

Absolutely massive window, with more serious business needing to be done in it than Edwards had to do over 3 or 4
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mane 23 goals & 5 assists in 3,938 minutes
    Jota 21 goals & 8 assists in 3,572 minutes

Jota 29 GoalsOrAssists > Mane 28
    in less minutes

Jota a goal every 170 mins v Mane 171

Jota marginally ahead on tackles&intercepts per game

Looking at whoscored Mane at CF had the highest ratings from starts 7.66/10
    Jota at CF only 7.15

Jota has a higher ranking at lwf though
    7.26>7.14

Jota is the most underratedplayer in the squad.

Salah & Mane are both looking at 1 big final contract of note. Most likely a top European team in terms of status or cash. A CL regular.

Both likely eyeing an easier league title, with a chance of winning a CL title and a balloon door.

Both are likely turning down great money at LFC only bettered at a select few clubs, a shorter contract, Klopp, an expanding Anfield, the club and the fans.

It's the Gini situation all over again. Try not to get too put out at the situation.
    All 3 great servants of the club, won titles, were underpaid relative to their status and maybe moved on to a final contract elsewhere.

Manes uptick in form at CF, occurring at a time where you'd imagine he was making plans for the summer. The club might itself be happy enough to sell one of Mane/Salah and renew the other but not both.

Salahs form fell off as media speculation intensified. With the current media spat seemingly being.... he's open to a PL move !!
    Which seems like a real push on the club to get his deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Manes uptick in form at CF, occurring at a time where you'd imagine he was making plans for the summer. The club might itself be happy enough to sell one of Mane/Salah and renew the other but not both
    His good-but-not-amazing 20/21 season (11 goals in 35 League games or something like that) probably contributed to us not rushing to renew his contract on big wages.

Understandable really, from our side, particularly if he wants £350k per week or whatever. Besides the knock-on effect that would have to others in the dressing room wanting to up their wages massively upon their next renewal, we would have little guarantee of sustained high-level success that warrants that amount of money in the latter 2 seasons of, say, a 4-year deal.

I'll miss Sadio if he goes, same way I'll miss Mo. That said, we know what we want from players, Klopp is a brilliant coach and our analytics/recruitment lads will likely be able to find lads with similar underlying numbers and slot them in.

Other factors that will be good will be Diaz understanding our playstyle more with a full pre-season and unless something incredibly disappointing happens we will have Van Dijk entering 22/23 NOT on the back of a massive lay-off. If new signings occur (looks like they very well could) to accompany Carvalho, there will also be a fresh injection of energy/enthusiasm into the dressing room. Lads like Tsimikas, Thiago, Konate and Diaz have also tasted what it means to win trophies for us (that bus parade will have given the lads a lift when they so badly needed one after Paris) which will be an extra little bit of motivation for them on an individual level and that competitiveness and desire accumulates and bubbles around a dressing room.

Lots to play for next season whatever happens. Normally I am not at all arsed about the Community Shield but it would be nice to beat Man City early doors if we could, or at the very least it be a competitive match until the final whistle, just to remind that gang of C U Next Tuesdays that the red Wasps haven't yet been swatted away from Pep's joyless picnic.

Does the Community Shield go to penalties or if it's a draw is it not shared? That used to be the case.

If Mane wants to leave then so be it, the same with Mo. It'll be their loss.

Absolutely

Like everyone else, I'm on social media and I see the comments, he said.

Isn't it between 60 to 70% of Senegalese want me to leave Liverpool? I will do what they want.