Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane contract

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'll give this Klopp fella until the end of the transfer window to sort this lot out
    Something tells me he's not arsed about egos, if you want to go ,Go. And don't let the door hit you on the way out .
    We've a certain style of attacking play that alot of players could play and Jurgen seems to love the challenge of getting new players into system.
    Exactly. He's walked away from players during negotiations for having the wrong attitude or not showing the qualities he values. Players who are here will be no different no matter who they are.
    If they don't want to be at LFC nobody is forcing them to stay.
    If they think they'll be happier picking up that extra hundred K then go for it.
    Theres no going back when you leave LFC, only Suarez went on to have a better career and eve he would say he didn't have the adoration he recieved at Liverpool.
    When you have that much money already what does that extra money do for you?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You always remain positive. even when 75% of our goals return is going out the door.
    Just part of my make-up as a human being.

Have experienced serious lows throughout my life (not said in a "woe is me" way - hardship is part of the human experience and plenty here will have had similar experiences) and have been on the absolute brink.

Wallowing in it certainly didn't dig me out. Find the chinks of light in the cave, venture towards them until they get bigger and so on.

That sounds a bit cliche/pretentious but I don't know how else to put it just now.

The situation at our club could be infinitely worse and closed doors open new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably right CC. I also believe the sentiment echoed in the article below has something to do with it.

See this from the Nigerian independent.

https://independent.ng/klopp-was-right-afcon-a-small-tournament/
    FFS, Nigeria! Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just part of my make-up as a human being.

Have experienced serious lows throughout my life (not said in a "woe is me" way - hardship is part of the human experience and plenty here will have had similar experiences) and have been on the absolute brink.

Wallowing in it certainly didn't dig me out. Find the chinks of light in the cave, venture towards them until they get bigger and so on.

That sounds a bit cliche/pretentious but I don't know how else to put it just now.

The situation at our club could be infinitely worse and closed doors open new ones.
    Great attitude, Sid. I wish a greater percentage of the population thought in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    FFS, Nigeria! Come on!
    Think the Nigerian media would be a good indicator of any perceived sentiment Europeans hold for the AFCON.

Senegal manager was openly angered too:

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/.amp/interviews/african-players-saved-him-senegal-manager-aliou-cisse-angered-by-jurgen-klopp-jibe

Cisse though, who has been in charge of Senegal for six years, believes Klopp meant it literally.
    "Who does he think he is? I manage Senegal and my players play for Klopp at Liverpool. I respect Liverpool but not Klopp who undermines African football events."
    "He is where he is today because of African footballers. He was losing every final until Salah, Mane, Matip came to his rescue to win his first-ever major European final."

Obviously Jurgen wasn’t even talking about it that way at all, he was being sarcastic, but it seems to have had a negative effect I believe. It seems likely to have helped the 60/70% of Senegalese footy fans wanting Mane to leave for pastures new.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Think the Nigerian media would be a good indicator of any perceived sentiment Europeans hold for the AFCON.

Senegal manager was openly angered too:

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/.amp/interviews/african-players-saved-him-senegal-manager-aliou-cisse-angered-by-jurgen-klopp-jibe

Cisse though, who has been in charge of Senegal for six years, believes Klopp meant it literally.
    "Who does he think he is? I manage Senegal and my players play for Klopp at Liverpool. I respect Liverpool but not Klopp who undermines African football events."
    "He is where he is today because of African footballers. He was losing every final until Salah, Mane, Matip came to his rescue to win his first-ever major European final."

Obviously Jurgen wasn’t even talking about it that way at all, he was being sarcastic, but it seems to have had a negative effect I believe. It seems likely to have helped the 60/70% of Senegalese footy fans wanting Mane to leave for pastures new.
    I'd say flippant rather than sarcastic tbh.
    The press, and even the man in the street, can, judging by this, interpret and mis-represent anything that anyone involved in football says.
    I would prefer it if players, managers and coaches said absolutely nothing to the press. That's not going to happen though, is it?

It was irony, meaning the exact opposite of what was said, Klopp said as much.
    Antonio who still thinks it was an insult is either doing it deliberately to make an issue of it against Klopp, thick as pig shit or even both.

They should be building a statue for Klopp in Senegal and Egypt for what he has made of those two players.

This is the problem with interviewing someone who isn’t speaking in their native language, then judging them by their choice of words.

Klopp uses the word “ironic” in his own defence but sarcasm is what comes across.

In his tail off on the commentary after mentioning that Asia also have a tournament and being told that South America is playing games too, he even says

“South America as well… great..hmm..can’t wait”.

Sadly the reporter took it completely the wrong way and as a direct belittling of Africa.

Shit happens - I would think it has had an effect on the public supporting Mane in Senegal. Especially so when, as CC has pointed out - he seems to be a little in the shadow of Salah. Maybe the 2 things lead to a genuine resentment of Jurgen Klopp.

Either way, be it Ironic or sarcastic the response was ridiculous. If it was flippant then the response was out of proportion. Whatever the detail - it wasn’t meant in a derogatory way towards Africa at all.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th June 2022 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Jota has a higher ranking at lwf though
    7.26>7.14

Jota is the most underratedplayer in the squad
    Diaz is miles better than Jota and Mane at LFWD, needs to start producing the finishing we saw at Porto more regularly now though

No point comparing Mane and Jota at LFWD, Mane was effectively finished at LFWD as he played it at his best and as it is of greatest benefit to the team after he had Covid, Jota will never play LFWD to the level of Mane at his best or to the levels Diaz will reach

I don't think Jota is underrated at all, great player, needs to work really hard to improve every day and reach new higher levels and to be able to perform a lot better and provide an absolutely top quality option at RFWD and LFWD and on his overall contribution - I was surprised by his assists stats you posted, it again shows that stats alone don't paint an accurate picture, because as good as Jota is, there are too many games, or long long passages of too many games, when if he isn't scoring, it's like playing with 10 men, where his link play, including his execution and decision making are abysmal and he's still often well off the press
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Really don’t think he is underrated, his link up play has not improved at all yet. Can only see him as CF and scoring goals along with the occasional kick ass to a teammate. Very good finisher and an excellent squad member despite his average all round game.
    Surely he can improve, surrounded by so many top players and coaching staff.