Thread: Old Man Milner signs new contract

Old Man Milner signs new contract

Millie's one of our leaders, he too has been an incredible servant to the club and example to all the other players of how to look after yourself and always make sure you're in the best possible shape for when you are needed

Very important he did get another year in my view with what looks like being a busy window and I thought he deserved a thread of his own, I know it's old news as I've known all day, but he deserves due credit
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Agree, hes been a useful player this season gone. Puts some young ones to shame.

Heard he's taking a pay cut too, seems to be enjoying himself at the club.

Ticks multiple boxes this one.

- Consummate professional
    - Takes a pay cut, which is an example to others
    - Keeps a mature head at the club for a year that can have a good influence on incoming players

I would have been open-minded to a (reluctant) sale prior to the Salah+Mane nonsense as his wages are considerable and my belief in future-proofing, but as it stands I am all the happier that he is staying, given current circumstances.

He is a top lad. Delighted that we capitalised upon the Sportswashers releasing him.