Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Global Financial Crisis will prompt our owners to be even more "prudent"
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Global Financial Crisis will prompt our owners to be even more "prudent"
    Wages represent a big chunk of our expenditure and they will not want us dropping out of the Champion's League spots, given that they want us to "self-generate" as it were.

Milner, Keita, Ox all leaving (?) would free up about £18m in terms of annual expenditure. Firmino could leave too - probably brings that figure closer to £26m. Anfield's redevelopment will soon be bringing in an extra £11m annually too.

We need to nail the next round of midfield recruitment. Before we even look at the usual "we should spend more" we could look at our misuse of funds (hindsight is a wonderful thing) and tot it up.

- How many of the other "big" clubs have as many midfielders as we do?
    - What have Ox and Keita cost in combined fees, agent fees and wages?
    - Had we fitter midfielders, could we have been more harsh/ruthless with Curtis Jones and moved him on, using his fees (and any transfer fee received) on a different youngster with potential or more senior figure?

Extending Ox's contract was certainly an error. Can we learn from this?

Liverpool want to sign Dundee United’s 15-year-old midfielder Alan Domeracki, who has visited the club, but face competition from Chelsea. [@Record_Sport]

There is 'concrete' interest in Nico Barella from Liverpool as the midfielder is very popular amongst Premier League clubs. Given Inter's financial problems it's a situation the reds could take advantage of.

[@calciomercatoit]

My gut says Chelsea or Man City but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There is 'concrete' interest in Nico Barella from Liverpool as the midfielder is very popular amongst Premier League clubs. Given Inter's financial problems it's a situation the reds could take advantage of.

[@calciomercatoit]

My gut says Chelsea or Man City but we'll see.
    He would be a ridiculously good sighing. He does everything you want in a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    He would be a ridiculously good sighing. He does everything you want in a midfielder.
    But is he exasperated or simply frustrated?

Tenuous links to Ibrahim Adel.

He's a 21-year old winger playing in Egypt.

Apparently ourselves and Nottingham Forest are interested.

He'd have work permit issues, so anyone buying him would have to loan him out, prior to him becoming eligible next year.

Besides the whole "fellow countryman" aspect of Mo Salah, I'd be surprised if we acquired someone from the Egyptian League. Still, some of our transfer Modus Operandi is meant to be about finding under-valued players and if he came in and performed well, nobody would care about the price or the previous League.

Manchester City's Norway striker Erling Haaland, 22, considered a move to Liverpool in the summer transfer window, but a switch to Manchester United was out of the question. (Star)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Manchester City's Norway striker Erling Haaland, 22, considered a move to Liverpool in the summer transfer window, but a switch to Manchester United was out of the question. (Star)
    I'd be pretty sceptical of that honestly. I know we have overpaid on agent fees but I can't see a World where we were going to give Haaland's Dad the £40m or so he got, plus pay the lad £375k+ per week. Think his weekly wages at Man City can rise to £600k depending on bonuses, which is bonkers - if true.

I still just want mids in. Milner, Ox and Keita should all be departing.

I'd take a (calculated) gamble on getting a couple of younger lads in before their NEXT move makes them terribly expensive when we act a season or two too late.

The French are churning out midfielder talent like mad just now. Even two lads like Caqueret (Lyon) and Kone (Monchengladbach) could probably replace the three outgoing lads mentioned above.

They're 22 and 21 so aren't total "kids" but would have many years in them for Klopp's Team 2.0 and they'd have a role model already at the club in Konate. Would ease some of the pressure on the middle of the pitch, future-proof us a bit and give more opportunities to ensure that lads like Henderson and Thiago don't have to play a full 90 minutes all the time - so many injuries occur after the 70th-minute.

What's the last gem klopps bought who is a main in the starting 11?
    Not guys like jota or Diaz who were 40m.

And their lies the problem. They are unable to get in early and buy a tchouamani, caciado, Douglas Luiz, guinamares etc when they are around 20m.

Unfortunately we are not city, Chelsea or united who can keep buying 50-100m players without cutting costs somewhere.