Page 682 of 699 FirstFirst ... 182582632672675676677678679680681682683684685686687688689692 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 6987

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

I was one of those that was firmly for selling Mo last summer. Seems like a no-brainer this summer. Anywhere in the region of £100m and we should snap their hands off.

I'd give Big Virg another two-year contract and get Trent signed up as well.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I was one of those that was firmly for selling Mo last summer. Seems like a no-brainer this summer. Anywhere in the region of £100m and we should snap their hands off.

I'd give Big Virg another two-year contract and get Trent signed up as well.
    Do you think we'd get 100m?
    I don't see it. Not at 31.

Closer to £50m this summer.

Sad that we as the most successful club in the land have to reduce our players ) in Salah’s case a club legend and arguably the best winger the Premier League has ever seen) to what we can get for them - knowing that it is the primary factor in who we can buy.

Klopp has shielded the bankers too much. Long term it could be catastrophic for this club’s existence at the so called elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Closer to £50m this summer.
    That's what I'm thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sad that we as the most successful club in the land have to reduce our players ) in Salah’s case a club legend and arguably the best winger the Premier League has ever seen) to what we can get for them - knowing that it is the primary factor in who we can buy.

Klopp has shielded the bankers too much. Long term it could be catastrophic for this club’s existence at the so called elite level.
    If it's in the best interest of the club then it's definitely something that we should be looking at. Is the club better served by receiving a substantial fee for a player who appears to on the wane? Or do we allow him to leave on a free next season?

Doesn't take away what he has given to the club over the years and doesn't diminish what he has achieved with us.

And I am big on sentiment, it's what drives me to watch the game. I was gutted when Stevie said he wanted off to Chelsea, I was elated when we signed an obviously way past his best Robbie Fowler (my favourite signing of all-time btw!).
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Probably the reason someone like Tuchel hasn't been considered. He'd absolutely call them out.
    Slot is a guy who's happy to take the job under any circumstances and obviously he's been told he'll just be working with what he's got and gets given.
    We just have to hope Edwards can get it right like he did the first time around,there can be little doubt he was excellent at the job. Ali,Fab,Robbo and Virgil were all on his watch as well as the astronomical fees for Solanke,Ibe and others.
    If he identifies the right players who knows what might happen,Hughes is also involved who admittedly I don't know anything about but he is highly rated.

99/100 most managers can do well with good players who have the right attitude.
    We have good players so on paper it should work but that's easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    If it's in the best interest of the club then it's definitely something that we should be looking at. Is the club better served by receiving a substantial fee for a player who appears to on the wane? Or do we allow him to leave on a free next season?

Doesn't take away what he has given to the club over the years and doesn't diminish what he has achieved with us.

And I am big on sentiment, it's what drives me to watch the game. I was gutted when Stevie said he wanted off to Chelsea, I was elated when we signed an obviously way past his best Robbie Fowler (my favourite signing of all-time btw!).
    Oh I get that, but it is sad that fans are having to view players that have carried us for long spells (as Salah's goals have certainly done time and time again) as little more than what we can bank for the next transfer.

"The best interest of the club" - for me and many others is and was, better owners. Owners who are motivated by winning rather than profits.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Probably the reason someone like Tuchel hasn't been considered. He'd absolutely call them out.
    Slot is a guy who's happy to take the job under any circumstances and obviously he's been told he'll just be working with what he's got and gets given.
    We just have to hope Edwards can get it right like he did the first time around,there can be little doubt he was excellent at the job. Ali,Fab,Robbo and Virgil were all on his watch as well as the astronomical fees for Solanke,Ibe and others.
    If he identifies the right players who knows what might happen,Hughes is also involved who admittedly I don't know anything about but he is highly rated.

99/100 most managers can do well with good players who have the right attitude.
    We have good players so on paper it should work but that's easier said than done.
    Yep - not that I would have liked Tuchel too much personally but the man knows how to handle these things.. He would defo call F$G out too.

These owners want a man they can control OR a man prepared to take it ALL on like Jurgen - letting him break himself in the process.

I will back the new fella fully - on a match day.... and I hope he really is capable - but on the surface of this - it looks like they got themselves a yes man. Not even the manager. A coach. So he is answerable to Hughes - who is answerable to Austin Powers snide cousin.

Klopp out Edwards in.. We do have some very naive folk who simply cannot work out the play.
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th April 2024 at 10:47 AM.

I imagine what did for Amorim in his interview, he probably had a list of players he wanted to bring in, spending FSG’s “own” money.
    Edwards will have looked up from the other side of the desk and shouted “ NEXT”.