Page 46 of 674 FirstFirst ... 363940414243444546474849505152535696146546 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Probably a load of old Red Bulls"", but Luka Sucic does have a cultured left foot already. Very much a cheaper option to Bellingham, so I can why there are rumours. still..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably a load of old Red Bulls"", but Luka Sucic does have a cultured left foot already. Very much a cheaper option to Bellingham, so I can why there are rumours. still..

Loves a deflection.

He's no Igor Biscan
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Came on for Kovacic in the win v France.

92nd minute but still

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we'll lose several players next summer. Keita/Ox/ Salah and others on the last year of their contracts..
    seems its a common theme for most clubs now. players leaving for nothing when their contracts are up.
    For what its worth. I think we should get rid of Oxlade and Keita and bring in 2 world class centre midfielders this summer. but spending money without getting money back in. is well a no no.
    I agree with that.
    Liverpool need 2 new no8s
    Oxlade and Keita should be those.
    At 27yo and 28yo, the peak mature players, but they aren't.
    Looking at the midfield
    36yo 32yo 31yo
    29yo 28yo 27yo
    Then a huge gap to 21yo 19yos etc
    Liverpool need 2 new 22yo to 25yo, hungry, experienced.

Grief, this would be out of the frying pan into the fire. This wouldn’t be any improvement at all.

Liverpool are said to be ‘in talks’ with Juventus over a surprise swap deal this summer.
    The Reds are said to be discussing the possibility of swapping midfielder Naby Keita for Adrien Rabiot.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Grief, this would be out of the frying pan into the fire. This wouldn’t be any improvement at all.

Liverpool are said to be ‘in talks’ with Juventus over a surprise swap deal this summer.
    The Reds are said to be discussing the possibility of swapping midfielder Naby Keita for Adrien Rabiot.
    Head case for Crock case.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Not one for the back page of a newspaper, but I always like it when the "background" players are deemed to be doing well -

"Liverpool bosses have been impressed with Sepp van den Berg's development while out on loan and he will start preseason with the first team, but is still expected to head out on loan, with interest received from the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga. [@LivEchoLFC]"

It would be great if he develops enough that he could potentially come into the squad for someone like Matip in 2-3 seasons. Konate will comfortably be Van Dijk's main partner by then (unless his development stutters) so you'd be replacing the depth option, which is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not one for the back page of a newspaper, but I always like it when the "background" players are deemed to be doing well -

"Liverpool bosses have been impressed with Sepp van den Berg's development while out on loan and he will start preseason with the first team, but is still expected to head out on loan, with interest received from the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga. [@LivEchoLFC]"

It would be great if he develops enough that he could potentially come into the squad for someone like Matip in 2-3 seasons. Konate will comfortably be Van Dijk's main partner by then (unless his development stutters) so you'd be replacing the depth option, which is okay.
    I'm too old and cynical for this. Sounds like "Liverpool talk about SVDB potential to hook a buyer"

Nothing wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I'm too old and cynical for this. Sounds like "Liverpool talk about SVDB potential to hook a buyer"

Nothing wrong with it
    Well that's the beauty of player development.

They can either be good enough for us, which saves us a purchase - with the saved money able to be invested in a different position.

Alternatively, if not good enough for us, they can be sold - with the accrued money able to be invested into a position of our choice, along with the money saved on wages.

A win either way - unless they're truly awful and can't be utilised OR sold of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well that's the beauty of player development.

They can either be good enough for us, which saves us a purchase - with the saved money able to be invested in a different position.

Alternatively, if not good enough for us, they can be sold - with the accrued money able to be invested into a position of our choice, along with the money saved on wages.

A win either way - unless they're truly awful and can't be utilised OR sold of course!
    Yeah, agreed.