Page 45 of 674 FirstFirst ... 353839404142434445464748495051525595145545 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

we'll lose several players next summer. Keita/Ox/ Salah and others on the last year of their contracts..
    seems its a common theme for most clubs now. players leaving for nothing when their contracts are up.
    For what its worth. I think we should get rid of Oxlade and Keita and bring in 2 world class centre midfielders this summer. but spending money without getting money back in. is well a no no.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    For what its worth. I think we should get rid of Oxlade and Keita and bring in 2 world class centre midfielders this summer. but spending money without getting money back in. is well a no no.
    - I think Ox will go in a year's time.
    - I think Keita will extend, which will divide opinion.
    - I think a midfielder will be bought for a relatively big fee next Summer.
    - I think a second midfielder role will be a younger, less expensive lad that arrives next Summer or is promoted from within.

Hahaha floppy piss head.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Does Haaland get injuries?
    Little niggles, regularly enough.

I think there will be an acclimatisation period with Haaland but once they're into a rhythm they'll hoover up points.

It would be nice to get out of the blocks a bit quicker than them.

It would be nice if the rest of the league have learned something on how to play Man-city they haven't changed their style in years. The standard of the league is pretty poor when it comes to attacking on the break.. Their attacks break down all the time. Doesnt take much to run behind the back of Man-city. but teams just sit off and then allow Man-city to control the game. either get better at ball possession Or press and break on them..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Little niggles, regularly enough.

I think there will be an acclimatisation period with Haaland but once they're into a rhythm they'll hoover up points.

It would be nice to get out of the blocks a bit quicker than them.
    They are already hoovering up points though Sid. So they have very little margin for improvement, with 90 plus points every season. What I am hoping for, along with pigs flying, is that they have to change their structure so much to accomodate Haaland, or he will have to change his own way of playing, that they might actually slip backwards.

TBH I'm more concerned with what Nunez bring us rather than City & Haaland messing it up
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Barella rumours gathering a lot of pace now. Not reliable or concrete sources, but social media seems to think this one might be on. Maybe the competition for Bellingham is going to push the price up ridiculously, so looking at options.
    I would like to see Barella done this window, if we are genuinely interested. Great player, would suit us I think.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    They are already hoovering up points though Sid.
    I wasn't clear enough, sorry.

What I meant was within the context of the 22/23 League season - they'll have a slight adjustment period with Haaland (as we will with no Mane and with getting Núñez bedded in to be fair) and I'm hoping that before they kick into that win-13-straight-games type stuff kicks in for them they maybe get out of the blocks slowly - let's say 7-10 points from their opening 5 League games instead of 12-15, with us maybe getting a better start than they do.

Being ahead of them early on wouldn't exactly be a massive swing in our favour, but it would be nice to have that marginal bit of pressure whereby they're chasing us, rather than us chasing them.

Wonder if anything comes of the Barella or Sučić mutterings. Also wonder what sort of fee Sučić would command given his age.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Barella rumours gathering a lot of pace now. Not reliable or concrete sources, but social media seems to think this one might be on. Maybe the competition for Bellingham is going to push the price up ridiculously, so looking at options.
    I would like to see Barella done this window, if we are genuinely interested. Great player, would suit us I think.
    Literally just came on to say sign him up!

you beat me to it.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.