Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

  1. #5731
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,413
    Breaking: Cheick Doucouré has now officially asked to leave Crystal Palace Football ClubFC
    The agent Informed the club today.
    Multiple sources have confirmed! #lfc

  2. #5732
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I support Liverpool - I'd support us if we were relegated to the Championship or if bloody David Moyes became our manager.

    Think of it as being on the side of a particular country during a time of warfare and the rules of how warfare is conducted have changed too drastically within too short a period of time and we become disillusioned with the wider cause and it being "worth fighting for" or not - that's a creeping feeling for me with football at the moment. I am not "done" yet and there is no drug like it - you only need to witness a match like that Newcastle game to see why we are all so hooked - but whilst there have always been predators and prey in the footballing landscape, it feels like the ecosystem itself is changing, or that we are at the beginning of an extinction event.

    We'll see. I'll always love the club I suspect, but if the environment it exists in continues to devolve then I could see that flame dwindling, rather than the intense blaze it has been at different points in my life.

    Now isn't the time to think about it though. Tonight is for celebration.
    I don't understand your objection. If the first line is accurate then why does the rest matter? You've been ok with an environment that has robbed other leagues for decades for the benefit of your own club. I'm sure you'd be perfectly happy if we paid 100m for a new number 6, from a club who needs the money. What's changing about the ecosystem, other than Saudi's doing the same thing to the PL?

    The war anology doesn't help.

  3. #5733
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,596
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Breaking: Cheick Doucouré has now officially asked to leave Crystal Palace Football ClubFC
    The agent Informed the club today.
    Multiple sources have confirmed! #lfc
    That's exciting init
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

  4. #5734
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,413
    It is if you think he’s an above average Premier League player yeah

    Not sure myself.

  5. #5735
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,596
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It is if you think he’s an above average Premier League player yeah

    Not sure myself.
    Most exciting signing since Suarez if we pull it off, what a coup.
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

  6. #5736
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,413
    As per
    @FabrizioRomano
    , Al-Ittihad have Joe Gomez high up on their list of defensive targets this summer. ⬇️ #LFC

  7. #5737
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    As per
    @FabrizioRomano
    , Al-Ittihad have Joe Gomez high up on their list of defensive targets this summer. ⬇️ #LFC
    So high up their list they waited until the end of the window.

  8. #5738
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,596
    Why do teams in saudi like want every player from us

    even Gomez?
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

  9. #5739
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    16,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    So high up their list they waited until the end of the window.
    Over in Saudi they've 2 extra weeks to buy players. That'll be fun if one of them come in with a mega offer for one Europe's top players. Jurgen mentioned it in his presser last week saying it should be the same window across the board.

  10. #5740
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,596
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Over in Saudi they've 2 extra weeks to buy players. That'll be fun if one of them come in with a mega offer for one Europe's top players. Jurgen mentioned it in his presser last week saying it should be the same window across the board.
    well if that happens we simply won't sell, players might have some power but what club will say yes in this scenario? Especially if it's Salah for example.
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Similar Threads

  1. Contracts and Squad
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 26th January 2021, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •