Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Hopefully make transfers instead.

Doesn't have to be these players, but if we went for something like -

Andre (22) to replace Thiago (32)
    Hincapie (21) to replace Matip (32)

- then the midfield's age profile would be unreal (with only Endo aged 30 or over) and we would only have one centre-back over 30 in Van Dijk with Gomez, Konate, Hincapie and Quansah nowhere near 30.

Again, doesn't have to be those particular names, but moves of that Nature would future-proof us really well in key areas.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely pointless to keep Thiago
    Be cheaper to have him shot. like they do with horses
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We need to get rid of Gomez, his potential for Maguiress type performances that cost us incredibly dearly, like his part in all 5 Real goals at Anfield make him a liability we can't afford to keep around
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gomez has played decently well in recent games. thats all you can ask for
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Gomez has played decently well in recent games. thats all you can ask for
    Players who completely lose the plot in some games seeing you drop points that cost you league titles and see you knocked out of competitions always have it in them to do it, as Maguire, Gomez and Fab have conclusively proved, you have to get rid of them, their meltdowns and brain farts are only ever just around the corner
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We need to get rid of Gomez, his potential for Maguiress type performances that cost us incredibly dearly, like his part in all 5 Real goals at Anfield make him a liability we can't afford to keep around
    He is 26 years old, he is a Home-grown player and he can cover a couple of positions. I also think that with Henderson's departure, he'll be the squad member that has been with us for the longest? His transfer from Charlton was quite some time ago now.

I don't think he is going anywhere. I can understand a desire to upgrade, but of our four main centre-backs, he is the second-youngest so I foresee a Matip replacement happening before a Gomez one - but we'll see, stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Players who completely lose the plot in some games seeing you drop points that cost you league titles and see you knocked out of competitions always have it in them to do it, as Maguire, Gomez and Fab have conclusively proved, you have to get rid of them, their meltdowns and brain farts are only ever just around the corner
    You could say that about Konate. He's always got a mistake in him too. At the end of the day we don't have a single top level centre back. They're all good but none are top bracket in my opinion.
    Our next transfer needs to be a proven Colossus. It should have been Gvardiol.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You could say that about Konate. He's always got a mistake in him too. At the end of the day we don't have a single top level centre back. They're all good but none are top bracket in my opinion.
    Our next transfer needs to be a proven Colossus. It should have been Gvardiol.
    You don't get Dewalt tools up the middle isle in Lidl,mate. You do however get the odd decent tool that no one's heard off for a decent price !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You don't get Dewalt tools up the middle isle in Lidl,mate. You do however get the odd decent tool that no one's heard off for a decent price !!
    Step forward Slobodan Parkside....

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Aldi/Lidl tools are fine for one off or light DIY work. For greater lol ng lasting use they're shite and won't last long.
    That's where DeWalt/Makita come into their own and prove worthy purchases.