Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    If gomez gets injured.. we have no real RB cover.. or LB cover atm.. and a young lad at CB.....

we don't need anyone nope.
    Said it already (not sure which thread) but Gomez currently is the one I worry about getting injured the most, due to the number of positions he covers.

As to whether we will seek to buy anyone, Klopp won't announce it in a press conference and drive up the price, plus very few clubs will be willing to sell one to us in January - and if they ARE willing, we might question whether or not the player is good enough for Liverpool at all, unless it's a huge fee.

Transfers aside, are there any of the younger lads that anyone is particularly excited about joining the fold? Quansah came into the squad and has really impressed - would be an absolutely brilliant time for another talent to emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Hold fire on those transfers. Rumours that Celtic will cut short Nat Philips loan in January.
    We would then be looking at -

Van Dijk
    Konate
    Quansah
    Gomez
    Phillips

As much as Phillips isn't really at the desired level for us, he would be our fifth choice centre-back and we would basically be navigating half a season with him, not a full one.

Don't think it would necessarily be a disaster unless we are VERY unlucky with injuries, though that can happen and has happened to us in recent years, so I do understand the collective nerves around here.

I don't think Nat Philips is the answer Sid. He's hardly had much game time and they've had a defensive injury crisis this season....

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/11/why-passionate-nat-phillips-isnt-playing-for-celtic-and-what-happens-next/

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I don't think Nat Philips is the answer Sid. He's hardly had much game time and they've had a defensive injury crisis this season....

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/11/why-passionate-nat-phillips-isnt-playing-for-celtic-and-what-happens-next/
    *at Celtic*
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post

Nor me if it was for 3rd or even 4th choice - but as FIFTH choice centre-back for a matter of a few months I would likely shrug my shoulders.

Obviously want to buy a too quality centre-back in the Summer, but I think getting anyone really good in January would be extremely difficult as selling clubs won't be in a rush to let good players go.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ah never worry - I was doing "just a joke like on Top Gear" as Stewart Lee brilliantly joked.

The season is exciting right now and I am loving it. Long may it continue.

In non-football news, a good friend of mine rang her bell today and is Cancer-free in time for Christmas. Over the Moon.
    That’s super news Sid… 😊

Ah never worry - I was doing "just a joke like on Top Gear" as Stewart Lee brilliantly joked.

The season is exciting right now and I am loving it. Long may it continue.

In non-football news, a good friend of mine rang her bell today and is Cancer-free in time for Christmas. Over the Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That’s super news Sid… 😊
    Yes great news for her

Thanks gents - she is a top, top lass, so stoked for her - her fella needs to get off his arse and propose after all she's been through!

Thanks gents - she is a top, top lass, so stoked for her - her fella needs to get off his arse and propose after all she's been through!
    Or get a new fella

Delighted for you Sid, always good to hear someone getting over bad times