Page 10 of 674 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

The fee is a lot more reasonable than the 100m that oppo fans have been crying about!

I know the media are quoting it in Euros, did they do that for Haaland?

But in good old £ - £65m + £12m in add-ons is a great bit of business. Esp if we off set with selling Mane c£40m + Minamino for c£15m = £10m net spend.

I do think we need a big signing in midfield
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Bournemouth have made an approach to Liverpool about taking Nat Phillips on loan for the season.

Sell ffs or loan him out until he goes on a free..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

The defender joined on Deadline Day in January and was a part of their successful Championship campaign, making 17 appearances.

Liverpool’s plan originally was to allow Phillips to leave this summer, however they’re now keen on keeping him after he signed a new long term deal.

He is viewed as a potential Joel Matip replacement longer term.

Skysports on crack

Like phillips could ever replace Matip.
    #FSGOUT

Great news on Nunez... now Jurgen... It's time... the midfield does count... you need to find the nearest thing to this ridiculous player. No Ronaldo - team supposedly over the hill and still winning titles and European cups, dragging tiny nations to world cup finals too... There is a reason.. Ich bin - sick to death of facilitators...

Anyone who wants to really watch - - watch and now imagine that ability in our team - with a genuine number 9.

Ricky Flippin Lambert would get to 30 with this kind player pulling the strings.

The next love affair

First it was 19x.. And fabinho

Until he found Touchy feely..

Then stevo.... with Luka modric, he's a sexy fela though.
    #FSGOUT

I have been banging on about Modric and posting Youtubes of him Since harry Redknapp was managing Spurs! that ship sailed long ago,

The point is - Jurgen is the best around - and we've achieved so much with a pretty workmanlike midfield. It's draining. Time to step up the quality in there. Thiago was great but a good few years too late.

Now - with the imminent arrival of what looks like a top class marksman...now is the time to get that midfield in position to control games at a slower pace - without the constant running across the entire pitch for 90 minutes. Anyone who thinks Hendo Fab and Thiago are going to make 3/4 of next season - well they are dreaming imo.

Nunez - won't be unveiled today as results will likely drag over till tomorrow. Clubs in no rush to announce before July 1st anyway.. But it looks a formality now..
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th June 2022 at 04:58 PM.

Whos even close to him though? The mids we have been linked with aren't even ballers unfortunately let alone the quality of Modric. They seem more in the mould of Fab/Gini. I dont think we are going to get the kind of midfielder a lot of us would like to see.
    I always remember reading he wanted to sign for us before Spurs bought him, how true that was I dont know but imagine if we had and he'd stayed aslong as he has at Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Whos even close to him though? The mids we have been linked with aren't even ballers unfortunately let alone the quality of Modric. They seem more in the mould of Fab/Gini. I dont think we are going to get the kind of midfielder a lot of us would like to see.
    I always remember reading he wanted to sign for us before Spurs bought him, how true that was I dont know but imagine if we had and he'd stayed aslong as he has at Madrid.
    NObody that I can think of, but there must be someone that our scouting team has access to. Someone who at least understands how simple the game really is and has the technique and the vision to show it.

here is Mbappe - Neymar and Messi... and they simply don't understand WHY they can't get control

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Whos even close to him though? The mids we have been linked with aren't even ballers unfortunately let alone the quality of Modric.
    Different mould but Barella is a baller. Though I don't foresee us buying an Italian mid for a while.