Page 107 of 699 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 6987

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

We're signing this unknown Danish lad, Jan Molby. Doesn't seem the quickest but can hit a pass. Good at set pieces. 19x will hate him
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Might be a case of "muddling through" until January.

The closer to the end of the window, the more desperate the buying clubs are. Selling clubs know this. If we are after a £20m player say and the selling club says "yours for £40m" I simply don't see business happening.

If we do, I suspect it's a player with one year left on their deal - like Laimer.

The January market could be interesting. There will be Champion's League clubs who fail to qualify from their groups and they'll likely take fees if they don't need an individual for a stab at winning Big Ears.
    Like Homer says to Lisa....."stop spoiling our fun"

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You could be right but Klopp spoke openly the other day and I don’t recall him doing that before.

Van Djik has made a comment as well today.

It all points to something in the background just depends who it is.

Waiting till Jan is a huge huge risk I’d argue not far off the CB situation a few years back due to how many games we have to squeeze in before the WC.
    Correct Legs.

Liverpool are considering a move for Sheffield United and Norway midfielder Sander Berge, 24. (Yorkshire Post)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Waiting till Jan is a huge huge risk I’d argue not far off the CB situation a few years back due to how many games we have to squeeze in before the WC.
    It's undeniably a risk. It wouldn't be my personal preference - bolstering ranks sooner rather than later would be ideal. In a perfect world (well, my subjective view) we'd get Laimer now, Bellingham in January and release Ox, Keita and Milner at the end of the season. Then push midfield options would look (approximately) like this...

Thiago
    Fabinho
    Bellingham
    Laimer
    Henderson
    Elliott
    Jones
    Morton or Bajcetic

...and that's before we include Carvalho who may end up a no. 8 rather than one of the 6 forward options. It would drastically reduce the average age, take the minutes-played pressure off Henderson as he enters the Autumn of his career and in all likelihood improves the injury situation considerably in terms of collective minutes missed.

Besides the issue of whether or not FSG will facilitate it (fees, agents fees, wages, squad places - whatever issue may arise) there's the belief Klopp most likely has in a group of players he really trusts.

Whilst we as fans see the injury worries, the if-he's-out-we're-Doomed and the potentially dropped points, a competitive man like Klopp may well think "beat Newcastle, beat Everton, 11-from-18, lads coming back from injury, probably just 3-4 points outside of the Champion's League spots, just 10 more League games (after Everton) before lots of the squad gets a break" as opposed to seeing all the obstacles that might appear.

I'd like a signing before the window closes - I would - just wouldn't be at all surprised if we have to wait until the new calendar year.

on Sky Sports (quoting the daily mirror) Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl has confirmed, the club has received no offers for Jude Bellingham this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Liverpool are considering a move for Sheffield United and Norway midfielder Sander Berge, 24. (Yorkshire Post)
    Also on SkySports (quoting the mirror)reporting Liverpool considering a move for Sheff utd midfielder Sander Berge ahead of the deadline

Probably to announce a new long term deal with stalwart Naby Keita

Cheers Fabrizio, thanks for telling us yet again what we already know.

Fabrizio Romano has stated that "there is no negotiation in progress" between Liverpool and Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong #LFC