Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I find the whole idea ridiculous. Who is fooling who? Get back to pre season training on UK pitches!
    And quickly end up in a relegation battle. The fight is with finance, the footballing point you made is valid

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I find the whole idea ridiculous. Who is fooling who? Get back to pre season training on UK pitches!
    You can't be a "global" brand and take pride in what that means, and what it brings to the club in terms of prestige, notoriety (with both big name managers wanting to manage it and having players want to come and play for it), and then whinge and moan when the club actually has to live up to what that entails and means.

This is (part of) how it maintains that global brand status.

You don't get the Luis Suarez', the Torres', the Xabi's, the Nunez's wanting to come and play for us otherwise just like you don't get the Benitez's and the Klopp's wanting to manage us if we were the same status and brand as a Brentford or Norwhich.
    Ask their fans how they love to switch with us and not have pre-season games in UK pitches in exchange for being first in line for big-name transfers to go play for them in any transfer windows.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

https://twitter.com/matheusleal1/status/1564727022588420097?s=20&t=IktcnuAqpBQwIys_nwBpfg

Apparently we've bid £20 for Douglas Luiz! Not a bad stop gap option.

Not a particularly good one either. Also, Villa are really struggling, can’t see them letting one of their first 11 go at this stage.

What about that Soumaré lad at Leicester that 19x rated. Hasn't settled there but was considered one of the best young defensive midfielders in France while at Lille.

I wouldn't trust any signings Rodgers makes. hes not very good at it.. Look at Daka he was suppose to be a world beater.. never hear much of him.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    https://twitter.com/matheusleal1/status/1564727022588420097?s=20&t=IktcnuAqpBQwIys_nwBpfg

Apparently we've bid £20 for Douglas Luiz! Not a bad stop gap option.
    Hesitant to buy a stop-gap personally unless really cheap. We don't just have the cost of a transfer fee - there's wages too.

January isn't forever away and the loan market exists.

Not to mention giving Bajcetic a chance as an extra covering body for the last 20 minutes of games if someone like Henderson needs to be risked less. I'd like a transfer, but don't want to go for "just anyone" if it's possible to avoid it.

Leicester City have received a bid of around £19million for Youri Tielemans from a mystery club.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Leicester City have received a bid of around £19million for Youri Tielemans from a mystery club.
    That'll be Arsenal
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"