Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Yep I saw this too - Mane has gone there for a few reasons - one of them most likely is to lighten his burden. Playing for Klopp's Liverpool could be seen by some as an extremely demanding, career shortening process.. Ask Gini and Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep I saw this too - Mane has gone there for a few reasons - one of them most likely is to lighten his burden. Playing for Klopp's Liverpool could be seen by some as an extremely demanding, career shortening process.. Ask Gini and Bobby.
    I rate Mane but this article is spot on. This was discussed on the forum too. For a couple of seasons, Mane had looked less powerful. COVID was cited as the reason. It seems like burnout. He hit some form when Klopp played him as CF taking away the running needed playing at LWF.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Laimer?

Think he wants Bayern. Couldn't really blame him.
    Just get Fofana from Monaco he looks a good CM.

Laimer is nailed on to go Bayern his old manager and nailed on titles every year.

Liverpool and Manchester United could battle it out to sign Flamengo's 21-year-old Brazilian midfielder Joao Gomes in January with bids in excess of £30m. (Liverpool Echo)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don’t suppose he would consider a loan with us in January?

I am sure he will come good in what is a much easier league, but on Mané Hamann said earlier this week :

‘I saw him at Liverpool FC, where he played through the middle

‘That is not his position. Now he’s taking that position at FC Bayern as well.

‘He is at his best when he comes from the outside. He doesn’t look happy to me.

‘Other players like Leroy Sane, Jamal Musiala or, in defence, Lucas Hernandez, who is injured at the moment, are putting in outstanding performances.

Nobody is talking about Mane at the moment. He seems isolated and hardly takes part in the game. FC Bayern has to get a grip on that.’

I don’t suppose he would consider a loan with us in January?

I am sure he will come good in what is a much easier league, but on Mané Hamann said earlier this week :

‘Other players like Leroy Sane, Jamal Musiala or, in defence, Lucas Hernandez, who is injured at the moment, are putting in outstanding performances.

Nobody is talking about Mane at the moment. He seems isolated and hardly takes part in the game. FC Bayern has to get a grip on that.’
    Mane? Unlikely.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I know - but if he IS still genuinely unhappy….say it’s mid December, the freezing Bavarian air is hurting his sinuses AND his world cup has gone down like a Bernard Manning gig at the WI… who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Liverpool and Manchester United could battle it out to sign Flamengo's 21-year-old Brazilian midfielder Joao Gomes in January with bids in excess of £30m. (Liverpool Echo)
    At the age of 21 he would certainly freshen things up in terms of youth. Know absolutely nothing about him so went looking for quotes/summary of his style of play -

"Of the 42 players to have attempted three or more through balls, Gomes' through ball accuracy of 66.7% is the 10th best in Brazil's top tier, so when he does get further forward, he is able to spot a runner to play a defence-splitting pass. And when he is in possession in a deeper position, Gomes has the means beat a marker to help open up angles to exploit.

A key attribute for any central midfielder in modern game now is the need to bring the ball forward to allow his team to swarm opponents. Gomes carries out this role well, having returned a dribble success rate of 72%, that the eighth best of the 125 players to have attempted 25 or more dribbles in the Brasileirao this season.

Able to get up the pitch well, he affords the ideal verticality that appeals to Premier League suitors. Liverpool in particular would certainly benefit from a central midfielder of his skill set. The Reds rely on quick transitions to help hurt opponents, with at least one midfielder required to get upfield to support the offensive."

Mane became our best No9 in the second half of last season, doing exactly what I was expecting us to use Nunez for, dropping off, making the runs in behind as a true No9 and assuming or making runs beyond them to become the LFWD or RWFD

Bayern are used to having Lewandowski up top, used to playing with an out and out No9

We're using Nunez like they used Lewandowski, which isn't his game

Bayern seem to be expecting Mane to operate like Lewandowski, or are still playing as though he is, and that isn't Mane's game

Of Hamman's comments, it seems to have escaped his attention Mane's slight loss of power and pace post covid is what saw him switch to the No9 role for us, Sane and Gnabry are both more attacking midfielders come forwards, than out and out forwards as Jurgen made Mane, they suit Bayern's 4231 better, if anything Bayern need a No9 and to play Mane as a more advanced No10 in their system

We seem to be attempting some sort of ill judged transition to 4231 to accommodate Nunez, when he's ideally suited to the 433, it the plan was to buy an out and out No9 and switch to a 4231, Nunez wasn't the right signing for that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I dont think Nunez has the technical ability to drop off and make runs... He should be in the box attacking the ball when its crossed. you play with a strong 4/3/3 Ie 3 main midfielders. Gives the likes of TAA more chance of getting right up the pitch to get crosses in from deep.right now hes crossing from just in his half. its easily cut out..
    If you can get TAA to overlap further up the pitch. Gives Salah a chance to get in behind Nunez to pick up the knock downs.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century