Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

We’ve been procrastinating on too many players and we either lose them to other clubs or they become too expensive or both.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We’ve been procrastinating on too many players and we either lose them to other clubs or they become too expensive or both.
    Who's fault do you think that is? Is it just the board taking too long? Is klopp unable to unearth a single player around the 20m price bracket?

I get people want to blame the owners for not spending, but seriously we have not had a single bargain buy <20m who is a starter.
    I really don't think it's hard to get a henderson for 20m with a scouting team and all the data they have.

Do you think a young Jordan Henderson makes this team much better?

If we had used the money from Coutinho to buy 7 players at the young Jordan Henderson level - do you think we go on to win number 6 and 19?

Because clearly klopp ain't pep with his tactical changes, and his liverpool team need a physical and energetic midfield who simply pass the ball onto the attackers and allow the fullbacks to bomb forward.
    We had this with a younger hendo and Gini. Idk what's wrong with fab but he's clearly not getting around as much either.

Where did I suggest 7 hendo type players? What a twist of my words, seriously.
    We need one player in his mould.
    And yes I do think it makes _this_ team better.

Get a fullback who can defend but not attack then the 'hendo' needs to be a kdb type player.
    Its much easier to get a younger hendo with no discernable talent for 20m than a kdb. That is all.

Relax dude.

I simply asked you a few questions, I didn’t suggest you had said anything at all.

The 7 players at Hendo level - was calculated from the fee for Coutinho. 7x20 = 140. As in buy those type players in bulk OR just 3 in Virgil - Alisson - Fabinho.. level..nothing more to it than that.

The fact is in the title defence season - after a disaster out spell AND without a captain or any senior centre backs - we took 26 from 30 points to qualify for last seasons CL. That from a near impossible position. We could only dream of that kinda form at the minute.

Right now more than 75% of the team is not functioning, the problems seem far bigger than just buying a box to box midfielder.

It’s more complex imo. There are people who don’t seem willing to face what looks like being the root cause.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd October 2022 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Because clearly klopp ain't pep with his tactical changes, and his liverpool team need a physical and energetic midfield who simply pass the ball onto the attackers and allow the fullbacks to bomb forward.
    We had this with a younger hendo and Gini. Idk what's wrong with fab but he's clearly not getting around as much either.

Where did I suggest 7 hendo type players? What a twist of my words, seriously.
    We need one player in his mould.
    And yes I do think it makes _this_ team better.

Get a fullback who can defend but not attack then the 'hendo' needs to be a kdb type player.
    Its much easier to get a younger hendo with no discernable talent for 20m than a kdb. That is all.
    We played that game and people pissed and moaned when those £20m 'gambles' didn't work and asked why we didn't just pay £40m/£50m for ready made players...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Do you think a young Jordan Henderson makes this team much better?
    It certainly wouldn't make it any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It certainly wouldn't make it any worse.
    True , but that’s not the question though is it - Neco Williams wouldn’t make us any worse either.

Surely our problems are far deeper than the odd player?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We played that game and people pissed and moaned when those £20m 'gambles' didn't work and asked why we didn't just pay £40m/£50m for ready made players...
    Yes - Because Virgil - Alisson and Fabinho proved that to be precisely the case.

What happens the minute we finally spend on the right players?

Let’s be honest. We probably don’t win anything big at all without them. We could have had 5 Hendo’s but we ain’t going for 97 points and a CL.