Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Seems we wanted "Tchouameni or no-one" which is the height of madness. I appreciate wanting to improve the side to the best of our ability, but to shun any alternative seems daft and I hope we step away from such a fanciful notion.

Jones, Keita, Ox, Thiago, Henderson are all injury-prone and Milner is getting on. Why we can't at least upgrade on Ox/Keita/Milner by having younger, fitter, more athletic players (even if they aren't the absolute Elite) is beyond me.
    Can't understand this either. It looked like Tchouameni was the priority signing. This was the one most talked about at the beginning of the transfer window. So clearly midfield was identified as an issue, but to not go and get someone else is crazy. We must have a list of midfielders that would suit us. As you say the strategy of this player or nó one is mad. If this is solely klopps decision then that's something he needs to change. It's left us so weak in midfield.

Laimer is at Leipzig plus he looks nailed on for Bayern.

Think he has had some injuries too not sure we need many like him !

We at least need one mobile athletic box to box midfielder who is an expert in pressing and counter pressing with an exemplary availability record in January, we at least needed such a player in January if we couldn't get our ideal player as Fab, Oxlade, Keita will surely be gone next summer and Milner likely retired, so over the summer just gone and next we were always going to need 3 midfielders brought in, which makes not getting at least one this summer even more fucking ridiculous
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's not like FSG would need to spend a lot, there are a lot of interesting free agents (assuming they dont sign new contracts) in the summer.

Jefferson Lerma
    Mathias Jensen
    Jonathan Bamba
    Mahmoud Dahoud
    Houssem Aouar
    Marcus Thuram
    Alexis Mac Allister
    Memphis Depay
    Leandro Trossard
    Konrad Laimer
    Douglas Luiz
    Marco Asensio
    Milan Skriniar
    Wilfried Zaha
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It's not like FSG would need to spend a lot, there are a lot of interesting free agents (assuming they dont sign new contracts) in the summer.

Jefferson Lerma
    Mathias Jensen
    Jonathan Bamba
    Mahmoud Dahoud
    Houssem Aouar
    Marcus Thuram
    Alexis Mac Allister
    Memphis Depay
    Leandro Trossard
    Konrad Laimer
    Douglas Luiz
    Marco Asensio
    Milan Skriniar
    Wilfried Zaha
    This lad at Napoli, André-Frank Zambo Anguissa has looked very good the THREE times I have seen him play. Yes a total of 3 times. He was brilliant against us in the 1st CL game. But then again we were brutal that day.
    I looked him up after our game and found that he went from Fulham to napoli this summer for 19million. At that price he would have been a good option for us (based in the 3 games I have seen of him).

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Jefferson Lerma
    Mathias Jensen
    Jonathan Bamba
    Mahmoud Dahoud
    Houssem Aouar
    Marcus Thuram
    Alexis Mac Allister
    Memphis Depay
    Leandro Trossard
    Konrad Laimer
    Douglas Luiz
    Marco Asensio
    Milan Skriniar
    Wilfried Zaha
    Need better than the majority I know on there, Laimer I'd take tomorrow, Asensio could be a decent option at RFW 433 ARM 4231 Not seen him for a couple of seasons now, but there was a time when I was watching quite a few games in the French league in which Bamba looked to have promising potential to fit into our LCM slot

I'd have snapped up Werner this summer gone to be honest, I watched him in lots of full 90 minutes at Leipzig when we were interested in signing him and he was never used how he plays best by Tuchel or Lampard at Chelsea, he must have taken a wage cut to go back to Leipzig he remains an outstanding forward and can play LFWD RFWD or No9 and we needed a player of that type, with that pace, well averse to making the constant runs in behind with Mane departing and so only really having Diaz at LFWD and Mo at RFWD another glaring oversight that wasn't considered in my opinion - Werner went back to Leipzig for just 23.5m that isn't even a risk for us to have signed him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool are keeping an eye on Real Betis midfielder Guido Rodriguez. [@Estadio_ED]

I'd be surprised by this - he's 28 and that feels like a little too old if we are looking at refreshing things and not storing up the need to replace several lads at once at a later stage.

Says he’s 24 here

Liverpool are monitoring Real Betis and Argentina midfielder Guido Rodriguez, 24, before the January transfer window. (Estadio Deportivo - in Spanish)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Says he’s 24 here

Liverpool are monitoring Real Betis and Argentina midfielder Guido Rodriguez, 24, before the January transfer window. (Estadio Deportivo - in Spanish)
    That's an interesting one - I keep Googling in case there is more than one Guido Rodriguez (think there's another Luis Suarez, it happens) and it keeps throwing up 28 as the age for the Real Betis and Argentina player - April 12th 1994 is the birthday I found etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's an interesting one - I keep Googling in case there is more than one Guido Rodriguez (think there's another Luis Suarez, it happens) and it keeps throwing up 28 as the age for the Real Betis and Argentina player - April 12th 1994 is the birthday I found etc.
    if he's 28 and playing for real betis.... I don't think he's going to be that great.

then again real betis aren't a bad team these days... but still you'd have thought a "top" club what have snapped him up by now.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.