Page 13 of 681 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why are 'the idiots' having a pop at the Nunez fee?
    Sleight of hand.

"Ah look, Liverpool paid a big fee, look, look! Pay attention to the nasty Scouserses while we recharge Micah's laughter batteries to chuckle the human rights abuses away".

Sincerely though, the obsession/focus with the fee within football (in comparison to wages) has always been mad. I remember Gerrard was our first £100k-per-week player and looking at Man United and Chelsea and just how many they had on wages upwards of that and thinking about how little anyone noticed/cared, but fees always got the attention of folks, for whatever reason.

I would take Neves at Wolves. Works hard, has a good touch/calm on the ball and can pick a pass.

Jorginho and Verrati are in a similar mould to Modric (without the touch of genius). Very good controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I would take Neves at Wolves. Works hard, has a good touch/calm on the ball and can pick a pass.

Jorginho and Verrati are in a similar mould to Modric (without the touch of genius). Very good controllers.
    Great shout. Hes quality and would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Would be very happy with him, even though I'd love to be able to give him a bit of extra pace and quicker turning ability if I was being ultra nit-picky.

Matheus Nunes from Sporting would be another I'd like to see in a Liverpool shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Aaaah,....those good old FFP rules working a treat, I see.

Keep the playing field level and all that.
    media pundits are trying to make out it is level....... which is seriously disrespectful to Klopp's achievements... IMHO

It's not £100m. £64m is the transfer fee. Suddenly "add-ons" has become a thing. Even with the add-ons, it's closer to £81m?

Fans are using the headline 100m euro number that was thrown out by the media
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Simon Jordan on Talkshite is the only one I've seen who comments on this accurately - including net spend

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Simon Jordan on Talkshite is the only one I've seen who comments on this accurately - including net spend
    https://talksport.com/football/1129141/liverpool-manchester-city-erling-haaland-simon-jordan-net-spend/

Jim White is such a Manc
    Last edited by vin; 14th June 2022 at 08:47 AM.

I like Simon Jordan but he hasn’t got this quite right. Net spend is not the bottom line, unless he’s including total costs versus total spend in that.
    Having a ridiculous transfer net spend is the one way city could use their wealth and evade FFP regulations. They can just donate cash as a gift for transfers.

What’s happening here is that Haaland’s wages could be five times what we pay Nuñez and they have to pretend they have the income to cover it. But it nigh on impossible they do have that kind of income.

We are maxed out on wages and transfers so it’s a good job we have a very clever recruitment team and strategy. Nuñez looks like he will be earning a fifth of what Mané wanted so even in three years we can offer him a bumper wage increase and he is way below the silly numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I like Simon Jordan but he hasn’t got this quite right. Net spend is not the bottom line, unless he’s including total costs versus total spend in that.
    Having a ridiculous transfer net spend is the one way city could use their wealth and evade FFP regulations. They can just donate cash as a gift for transfers.

What’s happening here is that Haaland’s wages could be five times what we pay Nuñez and they have to pretend they have the income to cover it. But it nigh on impossible they do have that kind of income.

We are maxed out on wages and transfers so it’s a good job we have a very clever recruitment team and strategy. Nuñez looks like he will be earning a fifth of what Mané wanted so even in three years we can offer him a bumper wage increase and he is way below the silly numbers
    I think the point he was trying to make is if you are spending less and getting the same results then you are a better run business. His terminology of "bottom line" was inaccurate