Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Booooooooooooooooooooom

Rumoured to be trying to hijack Chelsea's proposed move for NKunku hopefully in January to give us the quality and strength in depth we need

A couple of midfielders, with Fab moving on, all 3 hopefully arriving in January would be just the ticket
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    A couple of midfielders, with Fab moving on, all 3 hopefully arriving in January would be just the ticket
    I'd call the idea of us signing three midfielders in the January transfer window somewhat "fanciful" to put it mildly.

We're still figuring out how best to utilise Elliott and Carvalho, the club also seem reluctant to give up on Jones at the current time. Bajcetic is a prospect and Morton appears to be doing well at Blackburn.

I'm not naive enough to think that they will all "make it" but I think we are much likelier to trust that some of them will. I foresee a midfielder coming in January if the injury list is still bad, but not necessarily a nailed-on starter. More likely someone who can take some of the Ox+Keita minutes.

Think a first-teamer/genuine upgrade/call it what you will midfielder comes in Summer once we have a better grasp of finances (will we have Champion's League footie or not?) to supplement that.

At a guess, I'd say with Milner/Ox/Keita all likely to depart and us having two few injury-prone mids over 30, I think you can expect -

- Depth option (January?)
    - Genuine upgrade to eventually usurp one of Thiago/Henderson/Fabinho option (Summer?)
    - prospect promoted from within (Morton or Bajcetic) to supplement increased minutes for Elliott or alternative...

...with Fabinho staying.

No idea what the budget will be, but I'd hope that in the coming 1-3 windows we can address the forward area as well (someone roughly Núñez's age of quality) and a young defender. Midfield is so important of course, but don't want to see us blow everything on mids - one or two of the RIGHT mids would transform things centrally.

Couple of LEFT mids too Sid...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Couple of LEFT mids too Sid...
    Boom boom

"Welcome to the real world"

We've done it Trinity, we've found him"

I've got to add, this lad was available from River Plate this summer for 10m, 10 fucking million, he has absolutely everything we need in a midfielder, he's 21 years old, what the FUCK were our fabled recruitment team doing, it's probably going to cost us more having loaned the Brazilian sick note Arthur than it would have cost us to land this lad, now it will likely cost us 30-40m with a host of other clubs interested, although, having recently signed Nunez could help us if FSG and Ward are prepared to do what's necessary

I think we need some new scouts and members of our recruitment team, Jurgen is always talking about the need to identify and sign the next bets players before their profile gets too big and we are priced out of the running

Here with Fernandez we have a prime example of that not happening, instead we were pissing about trying to sign Douglas Luiz and eventually bringing in Aurthur on loan

Yet if you looked at all the aspects and attributes you would have in an absolute ideal Liverpool midfielder, Fernandez has every single one of them and at only 21 will only continue to get better

We should get a deal done for this lad in January and make our second January midfield signing whoever Benfica are trying to sign to replace him, their recruitment department are very evidently far superior to the garbage be employ, maybe our good recruitment simply stopped after all the players on the lists they nicked from City were signed up, elsewhere or had grown too old or expensive

We have a model where we sign players with lots of data he didnt have much.

Also he will want to play in the WC and Benfica are going to give him first team football, he couldnt be sure of that here.

Bellingham rejected several clubs at 17 to go to Dortmund so he could play its not as easy as it sounds to sign players especially ones looking for a good career.

Portugal / Belgium / Austria are now good places to young players to go and get first team football plus European footy.

Nobody talented in South America will be off our radar clubs are aware of everyone.

Are we not still linked with Nico Barella for January signing ? £60m perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Are we not still linked with Nico Barella for January signing ? £60m perhaps.
    Wouldnt mind he is a great player.

It is hard to get Italian players to leave Italy though.