Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Absolute mega lol fest, just checking out the rumour mill sites to try and give myself at least some faint hope we are very aggressively and actively pursuing at least one top midfielder to arrive signed sealed and delivered on January 1st

And I came across this classic

"Liverpool are now keen to sign superb talent who destroyed Joe Gomez this season"

They actually wrote that line as if destroying Joe Gomez was in some way an achievement
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Wouldnt mind he is a great player.

It is hard to get Italian players to leave Italy though.
    I do wonder if we will see a very slight shift in that landscape. Inter are having some financial difficulties and Juventus, who have been the "pinnacle" for a while over there aren't in the best spot right now - probably won't get into next season's Champion's League. Very bad timing for them as others around them are doing well at the same time that they're doing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    "Welcome to the real world"

We've done it Trinity, we've found him"
    Really could have done with this lad at No6 today, I actually think he's better at everything we need all our midfielders to be good at in our 433 or 4231 than ANY of our current midfielders, with and without the ball, we should order 3 of him if we can

So Mbappe clearly doesn't need the money - so there's a chance, right?

"The deal consists of two years with an extra season as an option, which can only be triggered by Mbappé himself. It has no performance-related clauses (Champions League or Ballon d’Or bonuses, for instance). He tripled his salary to €6m a month (€2.7m after tax). His signing-on bonus of €180m is payable over three instalments due every July, and Mbappé will receive the full sum even if he leaves early. Added to this will be a loyalty bonus of €70m at the end of the summer should he stay on, increasing by €10m for every season he remains at the club. Overall, the World Cup winner takes home about 45% of the figures in his contract – which takes up a quarter of the club’s budget – after taxes."

The game is mad.

I'll take Enzo, Barella a new Gini with better passing and have our extensive array of highly paid coaches earn their fucking money with those 3 and what we already have rather than blow silly money on MBappe or Bellwhiffingham

Jurgen needs to realise replacements are needed every 5 years
    Be brutal.
    Needs a systematic replacement unless you are a truly unique individual.
    Doesn't need top quality players but needs buy-in.
    What I have against this top quality midfielder signing is the prospect of another crippling ref VVd and Thiago.
    For me , multiple good quality and fitness signings v one hugely expensive

Enzo Fernandez is far more what we need, a much better fit for either our 433 or 4231 than Bellingham, we need a No6 to replace Fab who can also play as a No8 and is comfortable in a 2 or a 3 first and foremost, as our biggest priority, that player is Enzo, not Bellingham, who is more a Keita/Ox replacement as our more attacking RCM, as is Barella

Enzo would be my priority above any other player in any other position we are looking at

Edit: If you gave me 500m with no cap or limit on wages to go out and buy who I wanted, Enzo would STILL be the first name on my list

Just how I view the qualities needed to play Jurgen's preferred 433 or 4231 to the highest possible levels in combination with our other players skills, if I could sign 3 of him one for all 3 midfield positions, then I would
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th October 2022 at 08:15 PM.

Enzo Fernandez is far more what we need, a much better fit for either our 433 or 4231 than Bellingham, we need a No6 to replace Fab who can also play as a No8 and is comfortable in a 2 or a 3 first and foremost, as our biggest priority, that player is Enzo, not Bellingham, who is more a Keita/Ox replacement as our more attacking RCM, as is Barella

Enzo would be my priority above any other player in any other position we are looking at
    Dear 19x,
    I think it is due, despite the violent attacks on our players mentioned elsewhere, to give consideration as to how Jürgen expects our midfielders to perform, and so to expect some blame on him for drop off of performance or inability to conform to such performance
    They are not his or our dream midfield players but it is unfair to expect them to be.
    Jurgen is still dreaming.
    We are still remembering .
    Please awake from your slumber Jürgen.
    Please do not destroy these young boys.
    You do not have to sign Tchouameni or the likes.
    Wardprowse or the likes would be better

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x,
    I think it is due, despite the violent attacks on our players mentioned elsewhere, to give consideration as to how Jürgen expects our midfielders to perform, and so to expect some blame on him for drop off of performance or inability to conform to such performance
    They are not his or our dream midfield players but it is unfair to expect them to be.
    Jurgen is still dreaming.
    We are still remembering .
    Please awake from your slumber Jürgen.
    Please do not destroy these young boys.
    You do not have to sign Tchouameni or the likes.
    Wardprowse or the likes would be better
    We could have signed Enzo for 10m in the summer, for all Jurgen's talk about needing to sign these lads before they become the next big thing, now we're looking at 40-50m, at 21, 22 in January that still isn't a massive fee in today's market

We paid 53m for Keita and 43m for Fab, 4 summers ago, neither of them anything approaching ideal, so 40-50m for the absolute ideal midfielder, cock up of not signing him for 10m 5 or 6 months earlier accepted, is an absolute bargain compared to the near 100m wasted on that pair, as is bringing in a player who will actually deliver what was expected of Thiago we signed for nearly 30m and over 200k a week in wages

We're long overdue signing a top up and coming midfielder who is an incredible fit for our team and incredible value, more along the lines of our only great midfield signing since Jurgen arrived at the club, landing Gini for 24m in the summer of 2016, him contributing hugely to winning a Champions League, a Premier League (2 including the first of two we were robbed of), a WCC and reaching 3 European finals and being absolutely essential to ensuring we qualified for the 21-22 Champions League in his final season

We could have signed Enzo for 10m in the summer, for all Jurgen's talk about needing to sign these lads before they become the next big thing, now we're looking at 40-50m, at 21, 22 in January that still isn't a massive fee in today's market

We paid 53m for Keita and 43m for Fab, 4 summers ago, neither of them anything approaching ideal, so 40-50m for the absolute ideal midfielder, cock up of not signing him for 10m 5 or 6 months earlier accepted, is an absolute bargain compared to the near 100m wasted on that pair, as is bringing in a player who will actually deliver what was expected of Thiago we signed for nearly 30m and over 200k a week in wages

We're long overdue signing a top up and coming midfielder who is an incredible fit for our team and incredible value, more along the lines of our only great midfield signing since Jurgen arrived at the club, landing Gini for 24m in the summer of 2016, him contributing hugely to winning a Champions League, a Premier League (2 including the first of two we were robbed of), a WCC and reaching 3 European finals and being absolutely essential to ensuring we qualified for the 21-22 Champions League in his final season
    Dear 19x,
    You are still talking about unproven youngsters.
    Experienced midfielders are needed that buy-in!
    Why are they not coming ?