Page 14 of 681 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I think the point he was trying to make is if you are spending less and getting the same results then you are a better run business. His terminology of "bottom line" was inaccurate
    Yes he’s right on that and it’s good to have some recognition. I don’t understand what everyone isn’t screaming ‘corruption’ about City. People are strange

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I like Simon Jordan but he hasn’t got this quite right. Net spend is not the bottom line, unless he’s including total costs versus total spend in that.
    Having a ridiculous transfer net spend is the one way city could use their wealth and evade FFP regulations. They can just donate cash as a gift for transfers.

What’s happening here is that Haaland’s wages could be five times what we pay Nuñez and they have to pretend they have the income to cover it. But it nigh on impossible they do have that kind of income.

We are maxed out on wages and transfers so it’s a good job we have a very clever recruitment team and strategy. Nuñez looks like he will be earning a fifth of what Mané wanted so even in three years we can offer him a bumper wage increase and he is way below the silly numbers
    Is the agent's fee included as part of the transfer amount, or a separate entity?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Is the agent's fee included as part of the transfer amount, or a separate entity?
    It has to be separate as his dad/agent were picking up a rumoured £60-70m between them.

What I can get my head around is why clubs pay an agent millions for a player to sign.

Its not like they are star of the show.

It seems like extortion. You could expect a new agent to say - I want 10%, but this lot say leave it to me I have a track record of getting the best deals and then footballers, who are often from poor backgrounds, young and naive, don’t know any better

So any ideas who midfield targets we can go for?? Maybe its Philips at Leeds. Looks like Man-city are after him as well.
    We do need back up midfielder maybe 2.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It has to be separate as his dad/agent were picking up a rumoured £60-70m between them.

What I can get my head around is why clubs pay an agent millions for a player to sign.

Its not like they are star of the show.
    It seems common sense for all clubs to agree not to pay agents and pretty much freeze them out but there would always be one Shithouse who'd break rank. Probably City.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    So any ideas who midfield targets we can go for?? Maybe its Philips at Leeds. Looks like Man-city are after him as well.
    We do need back up midfielder maybe 2.
    Philips is absolute muck. I really hope we dont end with someone like him.

A destroyer, plus another 'baller would be welcome. More destroyers than 'ballers about though. Elegent ball playing midfielders are a dying breed.

Ruben Neves
    Yves Bissouma
    Wilfried Ndidi

Conor Gallagher
    Manuel Lanzini

Would be a few names I would have look at from the Prem.

To be honest, I'm keen to see what Morton could do in more games this season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

what is a baller? is it someone with tekkers?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    So any ideas who midfield targets we can go for??
    Think Joyce said we aren't after one and are targeting next Summer. A friend mentioned it as it was behind a paywall - maybe the Times or Guardian.

I don't personally see us choosing NOT to get a midfielder in unless nobody bids for Ox as it's the obvious area to improve. Could be that the club don't want anyone to think we have any money burning a hole in our pocket so our target clubs are sensible with valuations should we make bids.

Ward is apparently still in Portugal - fans can make of that what they will.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    what is a baller? is it someone with tekkers?
    Always see it associated with "effortless" miss with a serious passing range that retain the ball well.

Pirlo, Alonso, Thiago, Modric etc