Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What is our allowance regarding FFP Sid?
    In all sincerity, in terms of what we would be "permitted" to spend, it's pretty substantial. Something like £280m by my less guesstimate based on the stuff I occasionally read, SwissRamble and so on.

What we are allowed to spend and how we are in terms of cash flow will of course differ, participated within FSG's policy of spending what we generate.

More importantly, I am 90% sure that Gakpo has taken our last non-homegrown spot so we are limited in terms of who we can sign - unless someone departs in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In all sincerity, in terms of what we would be "permitted" to spend, it's pretty substantial. Something like £280m by my less guesstimate based on the stuff I occasionally read, SwissRamble and so on.

What we are allowed to spend and how we are in terms of cash flow will of course differ, participated within FSG's policy of spending what we generate.

More importantly, I am 90% sure that Gakpo has taken our last non-homegrown spot so we are limited in terms of who we can sign - unless someone departs in January.
    That homegrown thing is something I brought up in a much earlier post.
    It is something that most people have taken their eyes off of. It might become more of an issue for us too post-Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

We can spend whatever we want on transfers so long as it’s a gift. It’s the running costs that are counted - they can’t exceed income by whatever the percentage is.

So high paid players will have to leave to free up space in the wages total if we bring in two first team players

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    We can spend whatever we want on transfers so long as it’s a gift. It’s the running costs that are counted - they can’t exceed income by whatever the percentage is.

So high paid players will have to leave to free up space in the wages total if we bring in two first team players
    Need to keep an eye on homegrown talent.
    Not sure of rules now or in future reference to EU competitions

Football’s Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) proposal was submitted to the Government last month by the FA, as the governing body for football, and has now been approved by The Home Office.

The criteria will provide the framework for Premier League and EFL clubs to sign overseas players when the UK leaves the European Union (EU) after 31 December 2020.

Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:

• Senior and youth international appearances
    • Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
    • Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel.

The system meets the joint objectives of the Premier League, EFL and the FA allowing access to the best players and future talent for clubs, as well as safeguarding England teams, by ensuring opportunities for homegrown players.

In the Premier League, the number of overseas U21 players a club can sign will be limited to three in the January transfer window and six per season moving forwards.

This enables the recruitment of the best players from around the world to train and play together with homegrown talent. Under FIFA’s rules, the UK’s exit from the EU will also mean that clubs will not be able to sign players from overseas until they are 18.

Note.
    Since Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players from overseas until they are 18.

With this rule, overseas players can still become homegrown if they are signed at 18 years old and evolve 3 years on an English team, such as William Saliba.

We saw on that list the other day we had 23 listed of 25 players permitted (24 + 1 if 8 homegrown)

Including homegrown contingent remains the same as the start of last season, which includes: Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Nat Phillips, Joe Gomez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Caoimhin Kelleher (7 players)

So it seems Gakpo becomes our 24th player. We can add one more homegrown- English player. (Bellingham wouldn't even add to the list as u21)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    We saw on that list the other day we had 23 listed of 25 players permitted (24 + 1 if 8 homegrown)

Including homegrown contingent remains the same as the start of last season, which includes: Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Nat Phillips, Joe Gomez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Caoimhin Kelleher (7 players)

So it seems Gakpo becomes our 24th player. We can add one more homegrown- English player. (Bellingham wouldn't even add to the list as u21)
    At least 3 maybe 4 english players you mention Dicko are favourite to be moved on

if theres such thing as FFP. Chelsea have smashed it by 10 fold already..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I found this most recent link to explain the current squad rules
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-many-foreign-players-can-a-premier-league-club-sign/bltb28934959d4e82d3
    We can have 17 non homegrown senior players out of a named squad of 25.

Alison
    Kelleher(Irish)?
    Adrian
    Matip
    Virgil
    Konate
    Robertson (Scottish)?
    Tsimikas
    Fabinho
    Thiago
    Diaz
    Firmino
    Salah
    Nunes
    Keita
    Jota
    Gakpo
    I think that makes 17
    Might have missed someone.
    No more foreign signings until someone gets moved on from the above or else gets dropped from the squad