Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Kelleher counts as homegrown.
    But Arthur makes it 17 non homegrown.
    We cannot make another foreign signing unless someone from the 17 is either dropped from the squad or sold.
    That's how I had it in my head.

I'm not sure we'll add further in January - it hasn't been our Modus Operandi to pay off the remainder of player contracts for example and someone like Keita will have zero desire to be used in any sort of make-weight dealings for us to get him to a specific club when he can weigh up his options at the end of the season.

IF we did bring Caicedo in though (let's say January) and managed Bellingham (in Summer) while Bajcetic perhaps steps up, then you could be looking at midfield options next season of -

Henderson - Thiago - Fabinho
    Bellingham - Caicedo - Bajcetic

- with Morton as depth (if not on another loan)
    - with Elliott as depth (could be back-up right-sided forward to Salah as well at times)
    - with Jones as an option (if not sold - getting closer to an age where we need to stick or twist you feel)

That wouldn't look too shabby at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Alison
    Kelleher(Irish)?
    Adrian
    Matip
    Virgil
    Konate
    Robertson (Scottish)?
    Tsimikas
    Fabinho
    Thiago
    Diaz
    Firmino
    Salah
    Nunes
    Keita
    Jota
    Gakpo
    I think that makes 17
    Might have missed someone.
    No more foreign signings until someone gets moved on from the above or else gets dropped from the squad
    Kelleher is definitely homegrown.
    But as you said you missed Arthur.
    So that means we are full 17 + 8 homegrown is the 25 man EPL squad.
    Although in fact we have only 7 homegrown, SO 24 players.

U21s you can have as many as you like . They dont have to be listed in the EPL official list
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

So does that mean for caceido or macallister or Enzo coming in , means one of the non homegrown have to leave.
    Easiest way is ciao Arthur or Keita or dare I say firmino. (Doubtful)

Of course if Bellingham came no one would need to vacate a place.

So in other words , we are not signing anyone else tbh.

I'd be surprised if we signed a midfielder in January but it would certainly be worth letting Keita go on a free now to make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I'd be surprised if we signed a midfielder in January but it would certainly be worth letting Keita go on a free now to make it happen
    Well he will want to pick his wages up and we can't force him out. We could buy out the remainder of his contract I suppose (half a season or so would represent, what, £3.1m in wages or so?) but it doesn't tie in with our traditional way of doing things - that's half of a £6.2m youth target for example.

It's quite interesting looking at the turnover in the attacking area of the pitch now - both in terms of the lowering of the age profile and indeed how quickly it has all happened.

Not very long ago (this time last year!?) we had -

- Mane
    - Origi
    - Minamino

They're all gone and now we are looking at -

- Diaz
    - Núñez
    - Gakpo

- with Carvalho added to and Doak hopefully able to contribute in the future.

I certainly have no objections to creating strong attacking depth, then addressing midfield, then addressing defence - rather than building from the back first.

Gakpo wasn’t planned. Without Diaz’s double knee breakdown he isn’t coming in. Reactionary and a gamble for sure also a pointer to a genuine concern around that Diaz knee. Almost like an admission… omg we fucked up. Should have given him surgery from day one and now his knee is a career risk. In short - that Mané replacement has potentially gone.

Nunez has been brought in to take the minutes from Bobby. Different player but that’s the bottom line.

So if we put it down as:

Mané
    Origi
    Minamino.

It’s really

Mané
    Firmino
    Origi

For

Diaz - could be a career risk.
    Núñez - needs to practise
    Gakpo - unknown.

And when you see it like that - you realise that we haven’t been nearly as astute as some would suggest. All this while the midfield fall apart.

If only age profile actually equated with good business.

Reports out of Ecuador claiming we have bud €70m for Moises Caicedo.

Atención🧨

Ayer Liverpool ratificó su intención de comprar al ecuatoriano por un valor menor a los €70Millones que pide el Brighton y volvió a enviar la oferta.

Los rojos son los más interesados y es la oferta más formal, Brighton le gusta,pero quiere más dinero menos bonos.

Yep but Brighton want more dosh don’t they?