Page 17 of 681 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And this really should be a clear indicator, if one were needed, of just how much Klopp seems able to elevate a player beyond their actual ability.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/0...-transfer/amp/

Poor Gini.
    Well Steveo lad, on the flipside Thiago isn't delivering anything like the quality he did at Bayern or Barca, just bad business all round, signing Thiago who isn't really suited to our system, letting Gini who fitted our system brilliantly go, and sadly it is on Jurgen, he was his pick, he certainly doesn't fit our transfer model, age, injury record, so in future, as brilliant as Jurgen is, maybe only give him the pick of targets the system has identified as suitable

Nunez confirmed - Now for Ramsay and a couple of top midfielders
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool sign Darwin as part of Klopp's front 3 theory of evolution

6 year deal

Now for Laimer/Gallagher and Gavi/Soler

Nunez will wear the No27 shirt vacated by outgoing Anfield legend Divock Origi, get the feeling he'll get the No9 when Bobby departs next summer
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th June 2022 at 07:13 PM.

@19

Thiago wasn’t all that at Barca if we are honest. Had to go to Germany to find star status.

However despite an injury ravaged season - he STILL made the PFA team of the season - so you can take it up with Jurgen and all Thiago’s peers who voted. Maybe it was a sympathy vote?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Who plays as the 10?

Can maybe see more of a 4-2-4 with Nunez/Jota or Nunez/Firmino up top.

Assuming Mane is off, who plays covers the left? Where does Carvalho play? Lots of questions without answers at the moment.
    Best 11 in 4231 for me

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fab
    Salah Diaz Jota
    Nunez

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Tsimi, Thiago, Milner, Keita/Jones, Bobby, Taki

In terms of using the squad *for players in a second position

Gk
    AlissonKelleher

Back 4
    Trent Gomez*/Neco
    Matip Konate
    VVD Gomez*/Nat
    Robbo Tsimi

Double Pivot
    Fab Hendo
    Thiago Milner/Jones*/Keita*

Front 4
    Rwf Salah Taki Elliot Ox?
    10 Bobby Diaz* Carvalho/Keita*
    Lam Diaz Jota* Jones/Keita*
    St Nunez Jota* Salah

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @19

Thiago wasn’t all that at Barca if we are honest. Had to go to Germany to find star status.

However despite an injury ravaged season - he STILL made the PFA team of the season - so you can take it up with Jurgen and all Thiago’s peers who voted. Maybe it was a sympathy vote?
    Reputation vote, Ronaldo was in it too and Mane, when Rodri, Kane and Son were the 3 who all should have been in their spots

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Reputation vote, Ronaldo was in it too and Mane, when Rodri, Kane and Son were the 3 who all should have been in their spots
    Fyi Whoscored nailed tots

............Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Cancelo
    Salah KDB Rodri Son
    ...........Kane Mane

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ronaldo more than worthy. Phenomenal return in a shite and floundering United side under 1.5 managers too.

Kane barely had a Kick until after Christmas. So much revisionism

Next up for our transfers should be a rwf capable player.

Feel it is the only area where we are too reliant on Salah which isn't a problem if he's in form.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Best 11 in 4231 for me
    Best in a 433, we don't have the mids to play a 2 in a 4231, we don't have a top class No10, Diaz is our best LFWD

We do finally have another viable option at RFWD in place of Mo, Nunez gives us a genuine option for all four (LFWD RFWD False 9 No9) forward positions

I could see 4231 tried in some games, I would expect given Nunez assuming all forward positions quite naturally, it will be given time for players to get used to interchanging positions with him and it'll more likely be tried after that has had some time to happen and start working

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Next up for our transfers should be a rwf capable player.

Feel it is the only area where we are too reliant on Salah which isn't a problem if he's in form.
    Nunez can play all 4 forwards positions, he's very comfortable receiving the ball in any of them

2 CMs HAS to be next up surely