Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Could Doak get out on loan for half a season to help his development?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

So, it’s Fernandez to Chelsea
    Caicedo to Arsenal
    Bellingham to Real.

Anyone think we can prise Ward-Prowse away from Southampton?

Maybe… if they get relegated.

No No No No No NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom left sought-after midfielder Sander Berge out of his matchday squad yesterday.

The Blades took on National League high-flyers Wrexham AFC in the FA Cup yesterday at The Racecourse Ground in an emphatic 3-3 draw that had supporters and neutrals hanging on every second of the match.
    A notable omission was Berge, who has been one of United’s standout performers since he arrived in Sheffield. Several clubs have been monitoring the situation of the Norweigan; Fulham have reportedly entered talks for him, whilst Liverpool are among the other Premier League clubs interested.

Jurgen Klopp has likely identified that Berge would be an excellent option to begin Liverpool’s rebuild in midfield, as he already has experience in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old has seemingly expressed his desire to leave Bramall Lane this transfer window. Heckingbottom was questioned on Berge’s absence and told Daily Mail: “He’s not here because we have been asked not to use him. Our club is speaking to other clubs regarding him. It’s a club decision to protect that asset. I am not going to say I agree with it, but I understand it. He wanted to play today.”

Bet Bellers can’t wait to play alongside such luminaries of the game to learn from them.

Ffs.

Well at 6ft 5 he is tall and he likes to carry the ball forward - reasonable enough attributes.

His lack of blocks, tackles and interceptions would put me off though.

Could see him at Fulham.

Blueshite are in for Gallagher.

Watched him live a couple of times at Bramhall lane, while staying with my mate in Sheffield. He is a bang average Championship player and no more.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No No No No No NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom left sought-after midfielder Sander Berge out of his matchday squad yesterday.

The Blades took on National League high-flyers Wrexham AFC in the FA Cup yesterday at The Racecourse Ground in an emphatic 3-3 draw that had supporters and neutrals hanging on every second of the match.
    A notable omission was Berge, who has been one of United’s standout performers since he arrived in Sheffield. Several clubs have been monitoring the situation of the Norweigan; Fulham have reportedly entered talks for him, whilst Liverpool are among the other Premier League clubs interested.

Jurgen Klopp has likely identified that Berge would be an excellent option to begin Liverpool’s rebuild in midfield, as he already has experience in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old has seemingly expressed his desire to leave Bramall Lane this transfer window. Heckingbottom was questioned on Berge’s absence and told Daily Mail: “He’s not here because we have been asked not to use him. Our club is speaking to other clubs regarding him. It’s a club decision to protect that asset. I am not going to say I agree with it, but I understand it. He wanted to play today.”

Bet Bellers can’t wait to play alongside such luminaries of the game to learn from them.

Ffs.
    What struck me most was that a 3-3 draw can be described as emphatic?

Who do people consider the last bargain player or unknown 'gem' we got for a low fee?

Considering fsg act like we're poor other than the odd big buy, you'd think we'd try and improve the scouting team to search south America etc like other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Who do people consider the last bargain player or unknown 'gem' we got for a low fee?

Considering fsg act like we're poor other than the odd big buy, you'd think we'd try and improve the scouting team to search south America etc like other clubs.
    Robertson?

Not necessarily an unknown but definitely a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Elliott cost us £4.3m and Carvalho cost £5m.

Not unknowns and it will be a few seasons before we can say whether or not either was a success or failure - though both have potential. Too early to say so can't count them.

On a slight tangent - and I've made the point before so apologies for repeating myself - but I often feel that cost doesn't matter (within reason) as an aspiration as much as value. A player can be very expensive but still be good value, or under-valued by the selling club.

Alisson at £65m was expensive, but good value.
    Van Dijk at £75m was expensive, but good value.

Firmino, Mane, Salah the same. Hopefully more to come in future.