Page 181 of 681 FirstFirst ... 81131171174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6806

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Liverpool profits/loss...

2018/19 £42m profit
    2019/20 -£46m loss
    2020/21 -£4.8m loss

So over the last 3 years £8m LOSS

Next few months either the owners want to sell , all the accountancy and figures look right to buy.

Plus The stadium and training facilities almost up to scratch.

They (fsg) have turned the club around , in that it looks clean, tidy and a perfect BUSINESS to buy. Smooth from the Americans.

They have forgotten 1 thing.
    Investment in the squad .

Age in key areas, and a midfield without Investment since Thiago came.

Still doesn't make sense the Gakpo purchase.
    Only that it is Bobby's replacement next summer + .

So without like sid said
    Bobby , Ox, Milner, Keita Adrian ; that's a huge amount off the wages.
    £500k+ a week £25m+ a year.

I'd still think that fsg want out now, as the club is at a maximum value for this moment.

However, not being in the CL next season will surely devalue the club by maybe £1bn who knows ?

Anyway, as the whole world is saying , Liverpool have a huge problem in midfield, no scoop that, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1620884997065572352?s=61&t=LTl3lmydD8XlNhL_4LKWZw

Firmino linked with a contract extension.

I adore Bobby, but I think signing up any of the over-30s to contract extensions given what is going on in the squad at the moment is somewhat unwise.

The lad is on £180,000 per-week and increasingly injury-prone. I think we can better utilise our resources. That may lack sentiment and I'd miss him, but we have to start being much more ruthless with refreshing of the squad for me.
    Agreed sadly.
    Bobby won't have resale value.
    One thing about him, is that pace was never an asset.
    Quick minded and technical.
    Maybe just a 1 year , but surely not 180k £9m a year.
    It's difficult situation. Bobby still has 2 or 3 years at a top level.
    I think Gakpo is the replacement.
    That's what they'll say in the summer when he is gone.

Diaz Gakpo Darwin Jota Salah.

Only with Bobby and Mané + Salah , mostly injury free.
    Jota is a sick note
    Diaz unfortunate.

It is obvious to me that FSG are only serious about selling at this stage. They are trimming any costs to make it attractive for investors to buy the club. Staff are not being replaced. They want a low debt club with a modern stadium and a decent squad to be on the shop window

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post

Still doesn't make sense the Gakpo purchase.
    Only that it is Bobby's replacement next summer + .
    I recently bought a car with a cracked windscreen because it was a -deal-.

Due to covid delays I took ages to get replaced and so i basically wasted 2 months while it sat in the garage doing nothing. In the end I got less for my old car as the yearly registration was almost over by then, and I had to sell it fast.

I think by writing off this season and not getting CL it'll hurt us more financially and with players. Fsg are hoping they sell before we become less appealing.

If they are primarily focussed on making the books look good for a sale, then we know who the buyer will be. Another bottom of the barrel US investment group who want to see that the club is PROFITABLE! Not sure how many more examples of this MO is needed before people twig.

We are being passed around by one group to another. Favours - just like we were when sold on behalf of Barclays only for the debt... for half price - to NESV in 2010. Better deals on the table from the middle and far east ignored in favour of US owners DESPITE the fact that US owners had been asset stripping the club!

'Robert Edward Diamond Jr.
    Robert Edward Diamond Jr. is an American banker and former chief executive officer of Barclays plc. In 2010, he became its president and deputy group chief executive; and in January 2011, succeeded John Varley as group chief executive of Barclays.

I think it's clear this brand is too valuable as an asset and if there is one thing they recognise above all else in the US it's the power of the BRAND!

One difference between the far east owners and the US owners is that the US care for profit whereas the far east it seems to be about the kudos of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    One difference between the far east owners and the US owners is that the US care for profit whereas the far east it seems to be about the kudos of winning.
    Yeah I'm sure Mohammed Bin Salman likes letting everyone know how well Newcastle are doing since he's been chairing the PIF that has a big stake in Newcastle.

A nice distraction from the 82% increase in beheadings out there.

Geography and geopolitics not your strongest suit eh Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Geography and geopolitics not your strongest suit eh Sid.
    I am very conscious that "America bad" - I would have kept track of World News very closely in teens and early 20s but stopped delving deeply into it around 2007 after the first of my big mental breakdowns.

I've real trouble departing from any thread of subject matter if I delve too deep and the whole "state of the World" thing is just absolutely debilitating on the mind. If that's in any way selfish/pathetic/irresponsible of me to have pretty much switched off to almost all of it at all but the surface level then I'll take that potential criticism on the chin, but I made a conscious decision that I just had to look after myself at one stage.

I'll also say that FSG aren't the American Government. If you wish to put the point forward that "yes but the banks and it's all part of the big system" and all that then you're welcome to do so, but I'll put it out there in advance that I've no interest in revisiting that pathway (a couple of threads have had deep-dives on the US already in the past months) and am unlikely to engage - no slight on you, I just avoid certain subjects, same with stuff like abortion. The state of the Economy and changes to agriculture and climate are enough for me as it is. I just want to pet as many dogs as I can, do my job, Rollerblade a bit, look after friends and do my bit for Nature - plus follow the footie and chat to people about it. I'm a pretty simple man.

There are some cheerleaders on these here boards. Does make you wonder.

Any critique of US owners is met with an instant focal shift to the Saudi state, responsible for boosting the US economy in the hundreds £billions this last decade alone.

It’s as though there is ONLY evil Saudi - or evil Qatar or evil UAE or evil Russian or evil Chinese money in the world outside wholesome US billionaires .

No honestly folks, that’s it, that’s the choice.

And there is nothing the least bit xenophobic about it either. Our Anglo Saxon and Celtic brethren across the pond just happen to be the most trustworthy of folk..

All this money and all of it evil - except… the son of the soy bean farmer, and his ilk who played the stock market so well.. teehee

Perhaps these people don’t see the link between the US military and its billionaire class. Despite it being an obvious one. The military is one of the largest sectors in the US economy, but there it is. As far back as 2010 it was responsible for $330 Billion in sales revenue alone!!!! Over 90% of US stocks are owned by the wealthiest 10%.. who knows perhaps they don’t buy Boeing, Raytheon, Northrop, Lockheed Martin etc…. You never know, it’s just possible. 😉

Keeee’eeep ploughing…

Edit: I might be looking at propaganda - but last time I checked. Saudi Arabia wasn’t anywhere near the Far East. you know there is world of people out there - in their billions further east - even further east beyond our former Near Eastern Empire.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd February 2023 at 02:23 PM.