Page 20 of 681 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You have an awful lot of notions about playing a 4231 and playing a 433 not being very different to one another, when they are world's apart
    Care to explain how Klopp who was hired on his style of play and success at Dortmund, utilising 4231 most often and with attacking fullbacks, would presently be incapable of using better fullbacks in a 4231, which he has already done at LFC also

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    In 18/19 we played 4231 a fair few times and did much better than in 433.

This year Pep has played 4231 a fair few times with better success than 433.

By playing 4231 more regularly this past season, we would actually be mimicking both sides better.
    Lolza another classic, you ARE Gareth Southgate and I claim my £10
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lolza another classic, you ARE Gareth Southgate and I claim my £10
    Just like pointing out irregularities.

You Sir, are Danny Mills

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?304359-From-here-on-in

Belter of a thread ^^

Just like pointing out irregularities.

You Sir, are Danny Mills

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?304359-From-here-on-in

Belter of a thread ^^
    It is if anyone wants to read you trying to say a team is playing differently than it actually is, you have us playing a No10 when we employ a more attacking RCM, your analysis of City is way off too, they did play a kind of lopsided 4231 in their game v us, but you see 4231 being played all the time where it isn't being played, it sticks out like a sore thumb in that thread, it's the last thread you should be posting Gareth

A perfect example Gareth
    The idea Hendo should be our 10 like KDB or Silva seems a little odd in a 433
    we have NEVER in Jurgen's time as our manager, or under any of our managers, deployed Henderson as a No10, the amount of times because you insist on seeing sides playing 4231 when they're not playing that system you've had Henderson playing as some kind of free roaming No10 is frankly embarrassing

You can see it in average positions data. Analysing the shape and positions.
    Thiago sitting deeper on the left, as Hendo used to on the right.

We didn't play a 4231 outright and you can see that in the overall classifications of formations used. But we had a 2-1 shape over a 1-2 shape in many games.

Whereas city had games classified as 4231 outright this past season. As were we during 18/19
    Pep also routinely picks a different mix of players in his 433 midfield setup.
    Typically a player with more 10/Front3 abilities than Henderson.

We might play 4231, if we're looking to further devolve from what made us the best side in world football from 18-20, now is probably the best possible time for those collectively responsible to admit they've made a complete fuck up of our proposed evolution, while City's, adopting all the traits that made us far better than them over those 2 seasons and working really hard at them, made them a much better side than they had been in that period
    Do you mean by nearly winning everything this season?

And let's be honest, even you admit that we didn't win the league due to corrupt authorities that help City.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

2 formations we can play easily enough in 433 & 4231
    2 Klopp has used both as has Pep

In one case you can have Thiago or Hendo as your KDB or Bastardo Silva in a 433.
    Or you have Diaz or Firmino (in the mould of Phil/Ox) as more similar to KDB & Bastardo types in 433

In the other - 4231
    You pick 2 of Hendo, Fab & Thiago in a double pivot.
    And pick a 4th attacker.

Salah in either system with the arrival of Nunez, might find himself playing a bit deeper.
    He could still be our most advanced player in 433 or 4231/42X if he hit his top form again, at worst he's our second most advanced player.

Both Diaz & Bobby press well, run hard and operate well in tight spaces. Decent headers of the ball too.

You can see it in average positions data. Analysing the shape and positions.
    Thiago sitting deeper on the left, as Hendo used to on the right.
    Ok, average positions data doesn't paint a true picture of the game, when you look at it, you always try and say our most advanced midfielder is playing as a No10 in a 4231, Jurgen explains it and has explained it numerous times as a No6 and 2 No8's his system is devised on a No6 and 2 No8's sometimes 2 No8 controllers, sometimes a LCM or RCM controller, with a more advanced LCM or RCM No8 you have continually insisted the more attacking No8 is a No10, it isn't and never has been, in some games, the more advanced No8 is also a controller, positioned that way to press a certain player or area to help win possession there and create in conjunction with others from there.

You will and have continually insisted on labelling the player most advanced as a No10 in a 4231 when that isn't the case and Jurgen himself says 'the 2 No8's'

Also Hendo was often further forward than Gini, it's not the case that Gini mostly played higher when both played as No8's

Thiago has been deeper because he has been constantly trying to hog the ball and dictate the play which hasn't been a good thing as he has made us more predictable and reduced opportunities for players like Virgil, hendo and Trent to make the play and open teams up with their usually more creative direct passing when it's on, which in turn has led to a drop off in our ability to be devastatingly direct and on the counter with it - Everytime it goes to Fab, Thiago drops to get the ball and often off Alisson too, it doesn't work

Guardiola has almost always had 2 more attacking midfielders as his No8's, players he has used in his front 3 or as a free roaming genuine 10 in a lopsided 433, what he did in the last 2 seasons was have all 4 of those players develop aspects of their game to do what our more solid and better defensively and pressing No8's did also

You lose the runs in behind from our side at its best in 4231, Diaz and Salah are too far away from goal and aren't in the positions to in which they are most effective far too often, Diaz and Salah making their runs in behind making defenders drop, opening the space up for their full backs to make well timed runs into to be found in space, to cross for Nunez making runs across or off the back of the 2 Cbs from a little deeper than them will be a key element in getting the best from Nunez and breaking down PTB teams, but won't work in your 4231