Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No Gravenberch? I think there's something in that stuff Enrique was talking about.
    I think we'll start the season with three new mids with Fab,Thiago,Hendo, Bacjetic all being used aswell.
    I think Fab will be kept unless Klopp has seen enough and we see a new ruthless side like when he first arrived and got rid of Sakho.
    Maybe he might feel some lads have let him down this season.
    I'd be very happy with Gravenberch as the third mid, he absolutely fits what i think our profile for midfielders should be and should always have been, upgrades on Gini and Hendo, all the box to box ability, strength power athleticism, ability without the ball with greater ability to take the ball and keep it in tight areas, drive if forward breaking lines at times, better passing, crucially including the ability to play the highest quality switches, balls in behind and medium to long balls and with better, a little cuter other passing, great shooting ability around the box and crossing ability

They're all the attributes we need and needed in a midfielder and what you ideally need in a modern midfielder Gravenberch Stach, Bellingham Koopmeiners and others all have these abilities and attributes, Fab and Thiago really HAVE to go for me, Fab has none of the qualities listed, Thiago's too injury prone and just doesn't have the right kind of passing or a few of the lads mentioned other abilities and attributes, a clean break is needed

Steveo doesn't like my ideas on this, but Real are recruiting EXACTLY these type of mids and we tried to get 2 of the ones they have because they are the right profile, Camavinga Tchouameni and Valverde at fit the profile perfectly

I went for Stach and left the third slot open as i think he has more elements ready made, almost tailor made that compliment our other players, plus he's an absolute beast physically genuinely 2 footed and very quick
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Steveo doesn't like my ideas on this, but Real are recruiting EXACTLY these type of mids and we tried to get 2 of the ones they have because they are the right profile, Camavinga Tchouameni and Valverde at fit the profile perfectly
    Erm… when and where have I said anything about any of these players?

Would absolutely love to have any of them here right now. These are not your ideas - these are top players or players with the top level potential. Any would likely do a great job In our overly aged and injury whacked middle.

Without a player either side of him who fits the profile all Fab's lapses and deficiencies i've always seen have been absolutely brutally exposed countless times, he is NOT a player to build a new midfield around, he hasn't got the passing the reading of the game or physical attributes our midfield needs and almost every team has brutally exposed him this season so he'll always be a liability, it's time to do what should have been done 3 summers ago

Thiago's injury prone and for all his ability and value to other teams who play a different way in different leagues, a way it was foolhardy for Jurgen to even attempt to play given it takes away most of what made us so formidable and what all our other players are best at, he's been a massive flop here and represents 2-3 seasons of failed supposed evolution, as we could have been bringing in a midfielder of the right profile instead of him we need to build, we need younger fitter players of different skills and attributes and a player like Thiago's presence will hinder that rather than help it

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Erm… when and where have I said anything about any of these players?

Would absolutely love to have any of them here right now. These are not your ideas - these are top players or players with the top level potential. Any would likely do a great job In our overly aged and injury whacked middle.
    These were my ideas for our evolution with this type of midfielder profile since 2018 before these lads were talking about now were even known, these lads were 14-17 back then and there weren't all that many players of their profile around

Following that profile scouting them young and snapping them up is what should have happened

Ahh... So... As I implied.. I didn't say anything about these players not being a good idea then.

Just the latest in a string of inventions.

Good - Glad we cleared that up

Liverpool have switched their attention to Brighton and Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo, 21, after Wolves removed a clause from Portugal midfielder Matheus Nunes' contract that would have allowed the Reds to make a swoop for the 24-year-old for £44m this summer. (Mirror)

You can understand the club not wanting to get involved in silly shit like this.Let them keep putting the price up..
    same with Bellingham. If Dortmund want 125 million.. they can sod off. No ones worth that.
    same with Mason Mount. no way should we play 70 million for a player with less thana year on his contract. Lets hope he stays and goes for free. that will fuck up their play fair thing. (not that Uefa will do sod all about it).
    bunch of cheats the lot of them..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The great thing about football is that there are just so many footballers out there. If we feel we can't justify mammoth fees for lads like Bellingham (or whoever else) there's always lads like Sangare or Ugarte.

Places like Portugal and Holland are full of players that are on the likes of £30k-per-week and can come here and have their wages tripled to £90k-per-week which makes them perfectly affordable compared to having to give incoming lads £150k-per-week or more.

Needless to say we can't always target from those Leagues as there's an adjustment period to the pace/physicality along with a jump in quality, but when you are trying to improve on a completely disjointed midfield unit I'd happily be looking at some of the best from those Leagues to supplement other transfer activity.

Regarding Mount, something will be really wrong if Chelsea get the £70m that they say they want - will be very surprised if they get more than £40m or so for him.

When some say that they would rather get a couple of mids for the price of JB, I get that but isn't that almost like the "make do and mend" philosophy that's got us to this point now?
    There's a player who genuinely looks like he could be the best in the world son, there's a chance we can get him, he "allegedly" wants the move, FSG supposedly going to back Klopp big time.
    We should be all in for it.

The problem is that we need at least two midfielders (ideally 3) and a CB. I'd rather we sign 4 good players than sign 1 world class player and then go bargain hunting for the others