Page 24 of 765 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930313474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    paul joyce @_pauljoyce

Liverpool agree deal for Aberdeen’s Calvin Ramsay which is set to be their last incoming transfer of the window. Prepared to wait until 2023 for midfield reinforcements.

I can see Twitter and some forums going nuts if it pans out this way. I think we got Pennant years off the back of being unable to get Alves so I am generally happy enough to wait for the right target to become available rather than buy "just anyone" though I would very much have liked to have seen a midfield acquired in an ideal World.
    Obviously Touchy was the only one for this summer as they must have known/been told there's no way Bellingham is being sold.
    Can't lie, I'm not thrilled about it. We were short in midfield last season despite going all the way so this season isn't changing that in my opinion.
    Elliott is another year older and looked good in his late season games and Carvalho might figure more than expected so maybe its not quite the same as last Season.
    Theres also the Nunez factor which could see a major difference in the way we play in certain games.

Don’t think anyone would be happy going into a Prem Game if we get down to Keita/Milner Elliott and Jones as a 3, as looks very possible at some stage. Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho have all missed plenty of games through injury.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I can think of someone on here who might go nuts if that's true
    He won’t be alone.

The players making up the numbers are just that.

The problem is that Salah will most likely need to be replaced in 12 months time and, assuming Milner and Ox also leave at the conclusion of their contracts, the midfield options by that time will consist of Hendo 33, Thiago 32, Fabinho approaching 30, Keita (assuming his contract is extended), Jones and Elliott. So potentially 2-3 top quality signings will be needed next summer and I can't imagine FSG will shell out £150 million odd on that

Apparently thats our business done.. Who ever does our business. couldnt give a fuck about our midfield problems (cue insidious mentioning our options)
    The facts are we have Henderson/Thiago/Keita and Fabinho all prone to injury and 37 year old in Milner. we get a couple of long term injuries early on in the season. we are fucked in midfield. Apart from that carry on LFC transfer committee.. we dont have any MONEEYYYYY. selling several players will fund Diaz and Nunez.. and its happy days again.

Sorry for ranting.. and hopefully its not the case and we do sigh an extra midfielder.. But come on we need another at least..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If we do lose players to injury lets hope Jurgen doesn't complain about the amount of fixtures they have to play. Your the one along with the board that sees fit to work our midfielders to death like they did last season.
    Again sorry for going off on one.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We still have business to do in sales.

And we might sell some midfielders!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    We still have business to do in sales.
    We do indeed - if we get it done quickly we might make a further signing but I'd be surprised if we did much business without sorting sales in snappy fashion.

For all the negativity that the situation could instill in fans, I see plenty of positives -

A full season of Diaz, with him having adjusted to the League and having had a pre-season.

Salah not having the World Cup or AFCON to go to.

Centre-backs coming off the back of good seasons, rather than coming off the back of injury-ravaged seasons.

The prospect of seeing more of Elliott, who was robbed of giving us more appearances by the leg break.

Progressing the careers of some of our "future-proofing" lads - Konate, Jones, Elliott, Konate, Ramsay, Carvalho.

Lads fuelled by the sense of disappointment thY they had at the end of the season - we have used setbacks as a form of fuel before.

Darwin Núñez - always something so exciting about the acquisition of a forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We do indeed - if we get it done quickly we might make a further signing but I'd be surprised if we did much business without sorting sales in snappy fashion.

For all the negativity that the situation could instill in fans, I see plenty of positives -

A full season of Diaz, with him having adjusted to the League and having had a pre-season.

Salah not having the World Cup or AFCON to go to.

Centre-backs coming off the back of good seasons, rather than coming off the back of injury-ravaged seasons.

The prospect of seeing more of Elliott, who was robbed of giving us more appearances by the leg break.

Progressing the careers of some of our "future-proofing" lads - Konate, Jones, Elliott, Konate, Ramsay, Carvalho.

Lads fuelled by the sense of disappointment thY they had at the end of the season - we have used setbacks as a form of fuel before.

Darwin Núñez - always something so exciting about the acquisition of a forward!

Konate so nice, he had to be mentioned twice.

Just joshing.

But seriously, I'm most excited about seeing Nunez get integrated into the system.

If he can settle half as well as Diaz did, then we should be in for a great ride.

With a full pre-season and Klopp probably easing him in to manage fan expectations rather than getting him into the starting line-up right away,

It should give the likes of Jota the chance to rediscover his form from when Mane and Mo went to AFCON and he filled the breach in our need for goals.

It'd be also nice if we could get young Harvey going again. At the start of last season when he got back from the injury it looked like he was ready to kick off again, but then sadly his form fell off after that. It takes a while to truly get back from ACL injuries, but luckily he's a young lad and the younger you are, the more flexible to bounce back to your best.

I think the dark horse will be Cavarlho (Assuming we don't loan him out, that is).
    He's under the radar enough that he could end up being quite the revelation - even though it's a bit of a step-up from the Championship to the Premier league and it might take some getting used to for him to get up to the League's pace.

This could end up being a team full of goals - if that is even possible more than we did last season when City were the only team to outscore us over the course of the season.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Cavarlho must be an upgrade on Jones surely, or at least some pressure on Jones to improve.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!