Page 30 of 681 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233343536374080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

We NEED a top quality senior CM brought in - We've needed one since last summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Look at Real amid the 'We've got the best squad' rose tinted glasses crap

Modric, Casemiro, Kroos still there, already in developing with the benefit of those players' experience and of major finals and trophies, Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni, we need to do the same, not just youngsters, those Real lads are miles better than the likes of Jones and Elliott are or will likely ever be, need to stop trying to do everything on the cheap and get some actual future top midfielders into our squad and get shut of the likes of Ox pronto
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Twitter is rife with rumours that we might take Wijnaldum back on loan until next season. It'll be like WW3 on here if that happens.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I think I read a few days ago that Ox is desperate to leave. Looks like he is getting no playing time with us anymore. A few of the games i watched last season in which he featured, i often hadn't realised he was playing until about half an hour in.
    I would be ok with Gini back for a season. He wants to get back into the NL squad, he knows the system. Then next year we will get Bellingham.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Twitter is rife with rumours that we might take Wijnaldum back on loan until next season. It'll be like WW3 on here if that happens.
    Just don't see us doing that.

Many seem to have forgotten this. This was a huge concern for a good spell and Salah was pulling rabbits out of the hat.

The good, the Fab and Henderson’s poor form – Last word on Burnley 0-1 Liverpool
    February 14, 2022

Liverpool may have battled to a vital 1-0 win at Burnley on Sunday, but the form of captain Jordan Henderson is a concern.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/0...0-1-liverpool/

He was miles off form for more than half of last season. Like Mane he is getting an easier ride than some. If we do bring in a some genuine quality in the midfield and he starts next season as he did last - he will be in trouble for his place.

That's certainly one way to 'replace Wijnaldum'

Rumours of Barella in exchange for Keita+cash.

Another I think we can file in the "not happening" category.

Liverpool could be set to offer Naby Keita in exchange for Inter Milan midfielder Nicolo Barella according to reports. The Italian side are rumoured to have placed a £77 million transfer fee on Jurgen Klopp's target, which is beyond what the Anfield side are willing to pay. They are therefore looking at adding Keita to the deal in order to bring the price down.

Can’t see Inter wanting Keita for any significant fee or value attached

Why does nunes have to be a replacement for Mane? Why can't he be an upgrade on say Firminio...with Manes replacement still to come in.....We have depth in the squad but we need strength in depth...