Page 35 of 681 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435363738394041424585135535 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Entering his final year at the club potentially...

Potential issues around commitment....

Half a season of the yips, or shite form.....

On paper not a player I'd be banking our season on.

I'd put a rwf ahead of a midfielder.

Both are needed to sort the squad out for next season.

We need another big name signing preferably in midfield so we can show Pep we aren't going away. We have to keep the pressure on ,and a big signing will definitely remind all at City that we mean business again this season.

Failing that I can only see 2nd in the league at best and possible decent cup runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Failing that I can only see 2nd in the league at best and possible decent cup runs.
    For me it'll depend on our system/setup.

There's enough here to win the league imo, but it'll take a restructuring of our shape and selection to maximise what we have at our disposal.

The CL always requires a bit of luck, the domestic 2 cups are nice to win and an opportunity for our lesser spotted players to play.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    For me it'll depend on our system/setup.

There's enough here to win the league imo, but it'll take a restructuring of our shape and selection to maximise what we have at our disposal.

The CL always requires a bit of luck, the domestic 2 cups are nice to win and an opportunity for our lesser spotted players to play.
    In any other league I'd agree with you but,
    City will only get stronger with Halaand and South America striker and no doubt another big signing.

Christian Eriksen anyone? Personally, I think he's too old to be part of the evolution of the squad, but for one season he might be a decent option. I mean anything's better than nothing right?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    In any other league I'd agree with you but,
    City will only get stronger with Halaand and South America striker and no doubt another big signing.
    City are an interesting one to watch this summer.
    Jesus, Sterling rumoured to be available and leaving. Replaced by Halaand and Alvarez isn't a bad swap. Halaand a tad injury prone could rip it up, Alvarez a little less predictable.

Gundogan & Silva also rumoured to want away. Which would have a big impact on city and bring pressure to find replacements.
    Of course they might just throw a load of money at Bastardo Silva and see Gundogan leave on a free next summer.
    Bastardo wanted Barca last summer and might just force his way out, here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Christian Eriksen anyone? Personally, I think he's too old to be part of the evolution of the squad, but for one season he might be a decent option. I mean anything's better than nothing right?
    If the terms are right we could do worse for a season. Looks like he's going to get a longer term offer elsewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I've said the same thing on here . Given we've 5 subs to use next season he'd be a great option if we need to unlock a tiring tight defence .

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    City are an interesting one to watch this summer.
    Jesus, Sterling rumoured to be available and leaving. Replaced by Halaand and Alvarez isn't a bad swap. Halaand a tad injury prone could rip it up, Alvarez a little less predictable.

Gundogan & Silva also rumoured to want away. Which would have a big impact on city and bring pressure to find replacements.
    Of course they might just throw a load of money at Bastardo Silva and see Gundogan leave on a free next summer.
    Bastardo wanted Barca last summer and might just force his way out, here's hoping.
    Silva is a cracking player ,I'd be glad to see the back of him .
    It's been said before but the money they have at their disposal compared to us is embarrassing .