Page 39 of 681 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It concerns me greatly that if the decision has been made not to improve Salah’s contract and let him go on a free, we will need to replace him when we are absolutely desperate to spend on a couple of midfield starters.
    If he’s going it will benefit long term to get a decent wedge in for him to aid the rebuild and £60m would certainly help.
    I could take selling Salah to Real for 60m plus Assensio (long term Klopp target) and competing in the Champions League but maybe potentially taking a little bit of a hit in the Prem while finishing comfortably top four

For me the biggest aspect of our competitiveness through squad depth last season was finally having 3 top CBs and not having to play Gomez there too often and being able to keep Konate and Matip both fit the entire season through rotation, meaning we were very hard to score against and for top players to expose any of our defenders 1v1

SO by Sid's usual theory of reckoning, even if we sell Mo, we're more STILL more likely to score more goals that most opposition and concede fewer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    SO by Sid's usual theory of reckoning, even if we sell Mo, we're more STILL more likely to score more goals that most opposition and concede fewer
    Indeed!

I do think a slight drop-off could occur in points total with Mane going and us readjusting to new players (Diaz still bedding in, Núñez new, Carvalho new, Taki and Origi gone as back-up) who aren't (yet) up-to-speed with all our set-up nuances, pressing triggers and so on, but with Alisson in goal and a good selection of centre-backs, excellent timing of offside traps and so on we should concede one goal (or no goals) more often than not, whilst I'd still back us to score 1-3 goals most games.

As for where we can improve, there are lots of little details folks can point at. I won't bother with things beyond our control (dodgy VAR shouts, Man City's financial doping) the one major thing I don't want to see happen too often is drawing games where we were in control - you can draw a game where you're only winning by one goal but twice (or was it 3 times?) we were 2 goals clear and still drew - if we could iron that out I'd be really pleased.

Mané's PR agent reveals it wasn't about money

Did Sadio leave Liverpool because he was earning too low wages?

Cissé: "Those are false rumours. We didn't want to talk about that. A player of Sadio's caliber can't be earning the salary that people are speaking about. The numbers circulating are completely wrong"

Cissé: "Sadio was already earning more than that when he joined Liverpool from Southampton. He extended his contract in 2018 and his salary was much higher than the numbers circulating in the media"

I personally think he left because he could see 19x's plans for the midfield were never going to be supported by FSG

Carney Chukwuemeka is available on a free next Summer I think.

We should be all over that.

Wonder if we might make a January signing of a player ahead of Salah's departure?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Wonder if we might make a January signing of a player ahead of Salah's departure?
    A great player. When he gets knocked down, he gets up again !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I know. You cannae chuck him way under

Just gets straight back up

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Very good.

Sincerely though, if he has him, Carvalho, Elliott, Ramsay and Jones all in the squad at once then the age profile of some of the depth/rotation lads (all with room to grow) would be very exciting indeed - and the hype would grow yet further if we did indeed get a Bellingham deal sorted in time.

Porto expect Liverpool to firm up their interest in Portugal winger Otavio, 27, this week after rejecting a £26m bid from Leeds United. (Mirror)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

One of the -2's(=high potential ability)....on the April data update of Champ Manager 01/02...Calvin Ramsay and Fabio Carvalho too...