Page 4 of 675 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

30 year old forwards struggle to perform at the tempo klopp expects. 6 years of klopp one's body might be exhausted

Mane isn't finished. Let's just go back to before it became apparent that he wants to leave, the same people were saying he had reinvented himself as a No.9

Anyway, is everyone really convinced about Nunez?

I know the whole line around "if Klopp wants him" - I've just started watching his vids on YT. Usually, they make average players look incredible. His just made him look like decent but nothing that made me think wow
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    30 year old forwards struggle to perform at the tempo klopp expects. 6 years of klopp one's body might be exhausted
    It's true, Mane, Mo and Bobby no longer perform at anywhere like their tempo and intensity of 18-20, Mane's came post covid, Diaz gave us back everything I long complained we were missing on the left after Mane had covid that nobody else seemed to believe constituted a problem, if it wasn't a problem, Jurgen wouldn't have bought him, he needs to find the same level of finishing and consistency of producing it and more than he had at Porto now too though 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists should be Diaz's targets next season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's true, Mane, Mo and Bobby no longer perform at anywhere like their tempo and intensity of 18-20, Mane's came post covid, Diaz gave us back everything I long complained we were missing on the left after Mane had covid that nobody else seemed to believe constituted a problem, if it wasn't a problem, Jurgen wouldn't have bought him, he needs to find the same level of finishing and consistency of producing it and more than he had at Porto now too though 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists should be Diaz's targets next season
    Mo was on fire up until Afcon. He came back jaded.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Mane isn't finished. Let's just go back to before it became apparent that he wants to leave, the same people were saying he had reinvented himself as a No.9

Mane did reinvent himself as a No9, and was 'just about' our best option in the last third of the season, although, we didn't really get to see Jota or Bobby have a run with Diaz being as dynamic as Mane was pre covid on our left and us having width and link up with Robbo or Tsimikas again

I'm convinced by Nunez, he was exceptional against us and in the Champions League in general, KopOnPortugal didn't like this, and I get where he's coming from to an extent, but he has at least shown he can raise his game to the required level. He did both Virgil and Konate a couple of times being released in the left forward and right forward positions, Konate absolutely bummed Vinicius in every single one of those same situations in the final, just destroyed him, that should show everyone something, a No9 who plays right across the line can do to Konate and Virgil what the most highly rated left and right forwards have been unable to this season or in numerous others in Virgil's case

He has a great intelligence of movement, and he does everything we ideally want in our system from our No9 and more than any player we've had as our No9 to date - He drops of, deep and tracks back and to receive the ball to help us play out as Bobby does, he takes up positions wide left or wide right to be found to hold up the ball or be released in behind, the bit we haven't had, he makes runs in behind, well timed runs, off the back of defenders and across defenders like a true No9

There's still a lot more to come and a lot of development to do and work on, but for me he's one hell of a fit to take our play and ability to hurt teams and attack teams successfully in different ways to new levels

Mo was on fire up until Afcon. He came back jaded.
    he came back sulking we hadn't handed him 400k a week and playing at 70-80% for the rest of the season

Hopefully, with Nunez's incredible potential and the potential for Nunez to score from crosses and set pieces and hopefully be our new penalty taker he can be our top scorer next season to eclipse Mo's best season to pave the way for Mo's exit, without anyone having any worries

I know the whole line around "if Klopp wants him" - I've just started watching his vids on YT. Usually, they make average players look incredible. His just made him look like decent but nothing that made me think wow
    Not seen him enough to comment yet, a big big call 80m for us if that's the true figure...

I hope we have money for the midfield, but it does make sense we need someone like Nunez with Mane leaving, if not nunez himself, I assume Diaz and Klopp reckons the new kid Carvahlo is good enough to rotate/play on the left too.

we need to figure out the situation with Salah too, because that's more tricky, there's noone really that can play well on that side apart from Jota I guess? even he does better at LWFD in my opinion.

I mean.. firmino can play there but it's really filling in which doesn't win you things... he's never really impressed there, so I hope they don't think it's all well and good because he can...
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th June 2022 at 11:18 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

just realised firmino is in his last year of his contract too.......

Surely we can't let salah and firmino leave on frees?

we know FSG won't spend that much..

It's a bit of a shit situation we're in considering how close we was to winning everything lol.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th June 2022 at 11:22 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    just realised firmino is in his last year of his contract too.......

Surely we can't let salah and firmino leave on frees?

we know FSG won't spend that much..

It's a bit of a shit situation we're in considering how close we was to winning everything lol.
    We just have to rebuild even better and go and win all four, I don't think it will be next season as we'll be 2 forwards lighter for the domestic cups than the season just gone, unless with more sub minutes in the league Gordon comes on a fair bit and our Cup team is Bobby No9 Carvalho LFWD and Gordon RFWD, looks fair on paper, with the big guns on the bench just in case

Could do with Laimer in midfield, Stevie was his idol and he looks to love and dominate at RCM, which would be useful moving forward with Carvalho and our still chasing Gavi, it'd be a good fit in the rebuild, then we just need a vast improvement on Fab for No6/DM

Need to get Nunez in for a medical and the deal wrapped up then get on with triggering gavi's release clause