Page 41 of 681 FirstFirst ... 313435363738394041424344454647485191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Is £60m cut price when he goes for nothing next summer?
    On a purely financial/business level that would represent great business for us if we sold him.

There's "value" in the monetary sense and there's "value" in the squad sense. When a player isn't going to be on the receiving end of a bid we're happy with then we see their contract run down. If (hypothetical) someone bid something derisory like £4m for Ox we won't take it, because the value of a squad player who knows the set-up outweighs the incoming offer.

In our case, with Diaz and Núñez here, we are relatively unlikely to suddenly drop out of the Champion's League places or to fail to escape our Champion's League group, as we're still a seriously good side, even without Mane and (potentially) Salah. Unquestionably weaker, but still really good.

With that in mind, £60m towards Klopp's side 2.0 is a lot of money - could probably have a replacement who hasn't reached their full potential come in for £40m or so and we still have that £20m to put towards the midfielder we want in future - be it Bellingham or someone else.

If we did acquire a Salah replacement and a midfielder within the next 12 months or so it would probably represent the most "complete" squad we have had - particularly if the targets slot right in and are of the right age bracket that a core group is coming together and can grow for 5-7 years.

The rather obvious downside is the competitive front. We would, in all likelihood, be sacrificing the capacity to compete as closely for the League title in 22/23. I personally could cope with 22/23 being a "not quite" season if it's to build for very competitive seasons in 23/24, 24/25 and 25/26 as a transition has to happen to all sides, but I appreciate that wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

I'd rather have £60m than a player that doesn't want to be here. That said, I’m gutted that things are panning out like this. He has been amazing for us and a genuine crowd favourite, but he'll be leaving on bad terms.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Interesting comments from Mane's agent. I think he's playing the PR game, he's said that the numbers being touted around Mane's Liverpool salary and the new contract were being underestimated. Apparently, he was on more money and the contract offer was for more than most places are reporting BUT Mane decided to leave for a new challenge.

Sounds like he doesn't want it to sound like Mane was being unreasonable with his salary demands.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Interesting comments from Mane's agent. I think he's playing the PR game, he's said that the numbers being touted around Mane's Liverpool salary and the new contract were being underestimated. Apparently, he was on more money and the contract offer was for more than most places are reporting BUT Mane decided to leave for a new challenge.

Sounds like he doesn't want it to sound like Mane was being unreasonable with his salary demands.
    Yep sounds like bullshit. If it were true then Salah would have been offered somewhere near what he is asking and would have signed a new contract already

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    On a purely financial/business level that would represent great business for us if we sold him.

There's "value" in the monetary sense and there's "value" in the squad sense. When a player isn't going to be on the receiving end of a bid we're happy with then we see their contract run down. If (hypothetical) someone bid something derisory like £4m for Ox we won't take it, because the value of a squad player who knows the set-up outweighs the incoming offer.

In our case, with Diaz and Núñez here, we are relatively unlikely to suddenly drop out of the Champion's League places or to fail to escape our Champion's League group, as we're still a seriously good side, even without Mane and (potentially) Salah. Unquestionably weaker, but still really good.

With that in mind, £60m towards Klopp's side 2.0 is a lot of money - could probably have a replacement who hasn't reached their full potential come in for £40m or so and we still have that £20m to put towards the midfielder we want in future - be it Bellingham or someone else.

If we did acquire a Salah replacement and a midfielder within the next 12 months or so it would probably represent the most "complete" squad we have had - particularly if the targets slot right in and are of the right age bracket that a core group is coming together and can grow for 5-7 years.

The rather obvious downside is the competitive front. We would, in all likelihood, be sacrificing the capacity to compete as closely for the League title in 22/23. I personally could cope with 22/23 being a "not quite" season if it's to build for very competitive seasons in 23/24, 24/25 and 25/26 as a transition has to happen to all sides, but I appreciate that wouldn't be to everyone's taste.
    Looks like our transfer policy will be:

1. Sign young players with potential: 20 to 22 - on 5 or 6-year contracts. Get 1 renewal to see them through to 30.
    2. Sign 24 to 27-year-olds (more established) e.g. Fab, Diaz, Jota, and get them on 4 to 5 years. Ideally renew, if not sell
    3. Sign young potential and nurture.

The thought of Salah and Mane going is mad. But it could happen. I really think we've made it public to force a move for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we announced an immediate signing as a "replacement"
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

We'll have sold Mane & Salah entering their final year of contract for less than
    1 Eden Hazard in his final year of contract.

Don't know how anyone can call that good business. Both are better/more effective than hazard.

With 1 year left on his contract Chelsea sold Hazard for £100 million/€115 million to Real.

Selling Salah for £60 million is a fucking disgrace.

Would have been better off giving him his contract and then selling him for his market value.
    That decision looks like it'll cost LFC about 70 million quid.

Salah is a unique player who plays in a position where he has few if any equals.
    Messi much older and lazier, Chinese nowhere near as proven and out with a big cruciate injury.

Chiesa not the fuxking Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Chiesa not the fuxking Chinese
    the fuxking Chinese were ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We'll have sold Mane & Salah entering their final year of contract for less than
    1 Eden Hazard in his final year of contract.

Don't know how anyone can call that good business. Both are better/more effective than hazard.
    Id say £60m is around the right value Madrid were dumb to pay over £100m and wont get bitten twice.

We dont hold any of the cards here if we got £60-70m im sure we'd take it.

We'd have to accept if he was sold nobody would score at his rate but some good PL players in that role Neto Saka Bowen.